Cuddling [Luca x Aesop]

Modern AU

___

It was nighttime. The room was dimly lit by a lamp on the nightstand. The sheets were a bit messy. Clicking sounds resonated from Luca's phone as he scrolled the device's screen, one hand holding it and the other on his boyfriend's hip.

The latter was wearing one of his shirts, he forgot to bring spare clothes since he didn't expect to spend the night here at first. He was curled up in Luca's lap and his face laid in the crook of his neck, his fingers playing with some brown strands.

"Having fun?" Luca asked while pressing a kiss on Aesop's forehead.

"Somewhat. What are you looking at?"

"An article about blood-based biomarkers."

Luca sketched a smile and Aesop peeked up at him with disbelief.

"What's that?"

"I don't think you would understand even if I explained it to you."

The gray-haired man rolled his eyes which widened when he was suddenly flipped over on the bed, Luca who discarded his phone to now stand above him with a mischievous smile, his hands on each side of his face.

"Just to tell you, I'm too tired for more."

"Ha ha, don't worry I've got enough for today too." He chuckled as he leaned forward to kiss him then dropped next to him, his arms hugging the other tightly. "I just want to stay like that for a bit."

Aesop blushed slightly and wrapped his arms around Luca's frame as well, his scent reminiscent of lemon wafting to his nostrils.

"You're so clingy."

"But you like that, don't you?" He brought him closer so their chests touched. "I can feel your heartbeat being crazy for me."

Aesop didn't reply to that and simply buried his face against it.

"That reminds me... Valentine's day isn't too far away."

"Hmm, that's true, wanna do something perhaps?"

"You know both of us don't like this commercial event. It just reminded me of the first time you invited me to celebrate it."

Luca's grin faltered for a second and he laughed awkwardly to hide his discomfort.

"I'm sorry about that-"

"I don't have any grudge, don't worry, though I really thought I was gonna die that day."

"Be at ease, I would never do something that could hurt you."

"I hope so, otherwise I guess I would have no choice but to speed up the day of your funeral."

The silver-haired one said these words with such seriousness that Luca felt a cold shiver run down his spine. Getting on Aesop's bad side was really one of the things at the top of his what-not-to-do list.

"I think you need to rest, dear. You're spitting nonsense again."

Aesop's mind was completely clear but Luca brought the blanket to cover them, and also to shut him up, before kissing him goodnight.

Now, he would have to remember for sure to do better for this year's Valentine if he didn't want to end up in a coffin earlier than expected.