Opposite People [Ganji x Aesop]

The batter didn't like the embalmer.

It seemed obvious to everyone seeing how he behaved even more coldly next to him.

There wasn't really a reason for such hatred though.

Aesop Carl didn't do anything to get this hostility from Ganji but the man couldn't help it. It may not be noticeable by others but his manners, a well hidden grace and elegance, it was clear as day that the embalmer had a rather fair upbringing.

And this reminded him of his past.

Aesop looked exactly like those corrupted gentlemen from the previous place he stayed in before coming to the manor.

But yet, Ganji knew it was silly to dislike the embalmer for that and not everyone was the same.

Then, one day, he somehow learnt about him, and what happened with his mentor.

Everything was written in a diary he found which was hidden in a secret spot of the library.

After that, the batter started to feel guilty. 

He started to take more hits for him during matches and sometimes followed him secretly in the manor.

He didn't know why and when he started doing all of those things but his interest for the man grew bigger.

Then, there was that time in the garden.

It was the first time Ganji saw Aesop here. The embalmer wasn't aware of his presence and lowered his mask to be more comfortable, which was also the first time the batter was able to fully see his face.

The man wondered what the embalmer would do in such a place at first.

His question got answered when he saw him water the yellow roses there.

A very faint, yet mesmerizing smile was drawn on his face.

The scene in front of him almost looked like a painting.

Ganji didn't know Aesop liked gardening but looking at him being satisfied in front of mere flowers somehow made his heart flutter for a second.

Weirded out by that strange feeling, he turned around and left the garden, cheeks flushed.

What could be the reason behind his chest tightening, he asked himself.

Maybe he would discover it the next day after watching the embalmer a bit more.