The Clock Shop [Tracy x Emma]

Tracy x Emma

____

Tick. Tack. Tick.

A repetitive sound that echoed through every corner of the small store. A shop run by an old man and his only daughter with a talent for mechanics. That day, it was only the young blonde, her father had gone to the neighboring town to repair the clock of the town hall. There was complete silence, except for the ticking of all the clocks on display.

Tracy Reznik didn't particularly like to interact with others, but she did her best to greet and assist her customers whenever someone came through the door. Nevertheless, this time, the arrival of a certain lady caught her attention. A young brunette wearing a blue and white dress with frills as well as a cap and a pair of matching shoes.

Lace gloves covered her delicate hands, which were holding a box with a plaid pattern. The young woman wore the most delicate and tender smile the clockmaker had ever seen. Who was this mysterious, angel-like person? Perhaps she had spent too much time on a watch and had fallen to her death while fixing it?

Suddenly, the stranger approached the counter where she was sitting, the corner of her lips lifting a little more.

"Could you help me?" she asked.

There was a momentary pause. Tracy was a little taken by surprise at the time, it was already tea time and she didn't think anyone would still come into the store since there were rarely any customers in the first place. However, she quickly pulled herself together and straightened up on the stool where she was sitting, returning a shy smile to the young woman.

"Sure, what can I do for you?"

"Oh, there..."

The brunette seemed to be rummaging through something in her box and the blonde simply watched her do so with a curious look. After a few moments, the damsel placed a pocket watch on the counter facing the watchmaker. Tracy put on her gloves and gently took hold of it to observe it. It was a beautiful watch and it was obvious that a lot of attention had been paid to the details.

She then opened it and discovered the reason for the brunette's visit, the glass of the watch was broken in several places and the hands were twisted as well as not moving. The blonde winced while thinking of the ordeals that the item had been through and then raised her eyes towards her client who had a shifty look and red ears.

"Is it repairable...?" she said shyly.

"Yes, but it will take some time unfortunately."

"Oh, I understand that perfectly! May I leave it in your capable hands then?"

"With pleasure, I'll do my best to make it like new as soon as possible."

"Thank you so much!"

The brunette exclaimed while flashing her most radiant smile. The blonde's cheeks flushed as she rose from her stool to escort the lady out.

The next day, Tracy was still sitting behind the counter, a velvet cloth spread out in front of her as she painstakingly disassembled every part of the watch that had been entrusted to her. When suddenly, the bell on the door rang and made her look up, the brunette was back. Why had she returned? The blonde hoped she didn't think she could fix this disaster overnight.

"Good morning!"

"Hello... To what do I owe your visit?"

The young woman's expression brightened at her question and then she lifted a wicker basket with a big smile. The clockmaker hadn't noticed what she was holding when she arrived and raised an eyebrow.