Fall Leaves [Norton x Aesop]

It was a nice day.

A fine morning during fall.

Not too hot, nor too cold. Just the perfect weather.

Today, Aesop woke up earlier than usual even though he already did most of the time.

But somehow, it felt a bit different this time. The whole manor was dead silent at this hour, quite unusual with how it was pretty loud at noon.

And so, here he was, in the courtyard, broom in hand, sweeping the dead leaves into a small mass, hues of orange and brown merging together.

Just the sound of the broom brushing against the asphalt and the crackling of the now naked oak trees.

It was like that until he heard steps coming closer. He recognized those steps. Heavy ones yet calm. His gray eyes left the ground and he saw a familiar scarred face.

"Norton."

"Good morning, Sop."

The embalmer hummed as the prospector stepped even closer to him, giving a peck on his forehead, the gray-haired one blushing slightly.

"Cleaning so early in the mornin'?" he asked.

"Hmm, someone needs to do it."

"You should take a break sometimes, dear." huffed Norton, "You're almost always the one doing those tasks, y'know."

"Not that much..."

"Tsk tsk, lemme show you how to relax."

Thus, the tall man grabbed the other's hand before walking towards a wooden bench surrounding the biggest tree.

They both sat down, hand in hand, Norton humming a faint tune as they watched the only tree who still had a lot of leaves.

Aesop felt a bit uncomfortable leaving his task unfinished but he soon started to feel at ease next to his lover, also getting engrossed by the scenery.

Relaxing was indeed nice.