Quiet nap [Melly x Anne x Emma]

Modern AU

____

One summer day, under the shade of a large tree on the university lawn, two figures were lying down. Well, only one of them was, her head resting on the legs of the other, her eyelids closed. The sun's rays passed between the green leaves to highlight her blonde locks and her chest rose and fell in a slow rhythm.

The other young woman with her, a brunette, was looking at her sleeping face peacefully. One of her hands was intertwined with hers while the other was dangling in the air right in front of her, a machaon resting on the tip of her index finger and fluttering its wings slightly. Her lips were drawing a smile and at that moment, there was no more wonderful landscape.

It was a quiet day, maybe a little too quiet though, because the awake one suddenly heard footsteps approaching, a familiar giggle in the distance ringing in her ears. Then, as if struck by an oracle, her eyes rose to a green-eyed brunette running towards them and her finger rested against her lips as a sign of silence.

The newcomer immediately noticed the gesture thankfully and slowed down her steps just in time not to jump on the other two women, instead walking around the legs of the blonde to sit against the trunk of the oak, next to the two, pressing a peck against the cheek of the other brunette with a wide smile.

"So you were both there! I spent a long time looking for you!"

"Oh? I sent you a message to meet us here though."

The woman with green pupils widened her eyes before pulling out her phone to check her text messages, her eyes widening even more and an embarrassed laugh escaping her lips as she discovered that she had indeed received a text from the other.

"I admit, the first thing I thought of when class ended was to get out of the room and I may have forgotten to check my phone..."

"You're hopeless, Emma." the other replied with a chuckle.

"Ugh, if you had to sit through Mr. Desaulniers' boring class I'm sure you'd want to run away after five minutes Melly!"

Emma had raised her voice slightly on the last part of her sentence and feeling some movement on her lap, Melly quickly placed a chaste kiss against her lips to calm her down. It was quite effective as the brunette blushed madly before covering her mouth with the back of her hand and muttering incomprehensible things.

"You're going to wake Annie up." she warned. "Hmm, Desaulniers you say? He teaches history if I'm not mistaken."

"Yes and his classes are painfully boring! He gets so caught up in the subject that he spends hours rambling on about it, you'd think he was there when it happened..."

"I think it's a good thing he's passionate. Isn't it the same when I talk about entomology?"

"It's different when it's you Mel'! You have a way of explaining that gets others interested!"

"I'm glad to hear that." she said.

The young woman giggled at her girlfriend's response, tucking one of her locks back behind her ear in the process and revealing a bit more of a scar-like mark on her cheek. Emma looked at Melly's face for a moment before turning to her and placing her hand gently against her cheek, smiling fondly.

"I love everything about you so how can I find anything you do to be terrible?"

"Thank you, Emma."

"You're welcome! I adore you like I adore our dear Annie too!" she exclaimed.

Melly wore a delighted expression and the two brunettes turned their gaze to their third partner who was still sleeping peacefully. Emma shifted her position meanwhile and leaned a little closer to the brunette, resting her head against her shoulder, her emerald pupils staring at the blonde's fine facial features.

"Say Melly, what do you like about Annie? I mean, I like Annie because she's like my ray of sunshine, but I'm curious to know your thoughts."

"Annie..." she paused, her gaze softening as she looked into the face of one of the two people she loved the most. "She is like a ray of sunshine indeed. But, I think there's something else."

"What's that?" questioned Emma, raising her eyebrows.

"Besides being radiant, she also has another, softer, warmer side. It's this side of her that I prefer, not that I don't like the usual Annie but this other front that she only occasionally shows us is simply mesmerizing."

"Mhm, mhm... That's what I think too!"

Emma chuckled briefly and at that moment, the eyelids of the blonde of interest moved slightly, finally opening to see the sunlight as well as the silhouettes of the two brunettes. Annie then slowly sat up, helped by Melly who supported her back with her hand, and gently rubbed her eyes.

"Did you sleep well?" asked the brunette with blue eyes.

Annie lifted her gaze to Melly and her cheeks suddenly turned pink before she looked away, the dark-haired woman tilting her head to the side at her lover's strange behavior.

"Mhm... Yes..."

The blonde was then taken by surprise when Emma suddenly leapt on top of her and put her arms around her shoulders.

"H-uh- Emma-?"

"Why are you sleeping so much, Annie!? I can't kiss you to tell you how much I love you if you spend all your time lazing around!"

"Um, thanks? I love you too?" she replied a little confused.

It took her a little while before she fully regained her senses but the blonde eventually returned the brunette's embrace, her eyes wandering to Melly's figure just on the side with a smile. Annie then blushed a little more as she raised one of her arms in her direction.

"You should come closer too..." she said in a weak voice.

Melly's eyes widened in amazement but a laugh quickly slipped out of her mouth and she came to join the other two in a hug, Emma giggling happily in response and Annie smiling too. It was a lovely afternoon indeed.