#2 In the Lodge [Orpheus x Frederick]

This is an alternative end so the beginning is the same as the previous fic

____

"I'm glad to be able to work with you!"

"Likewise."

The two men shook hands under the amazed gaze of the staff members. This was quite an outstanding pair in front of their eyes. One was a famous solo artist whose album was on top of the charts and the other was a model from a young age who appeared on all magazines. They had been working at the same company for a long time so it was decided that the two would be collaborating for a new concept as the two best artists they had. Or so were the company's wishes.

"I can't work with him-!" shouted the long-haired man.

"Calm down, Frederick."

"How can I calm down- You're not the one who has to deal with the Aesop Carl, also known as the cold-blooded professional who made more than one person cry or quit the industry due to his high standards!"

"You're being overly dramatic. You talk about him like he's not even human."

"And I wouldn't even be surprised! Did you see his eyes earlier? He looked at me with such hatred! Orpheus-! You're my manager, right?!"

Frederick grabbed the man by the collar nervously but the latter swiftly got rid of his grip as he redid the knot of his tie.

"As long as my contract keeps going on and money is flowing into my bank account."

"Whatever," he clicked his tongue in annoyance, "Can't you do something about it-? There's so many well-known artists beside me!"

"I could, but no." Orpheus adjusted his glasses while scrolling through Frederick's schedule on his tablet. "Despite his rumored awful character, Carl is still the best element of the company so being on the screen together will greatly boost your job offers. See this as a way to expand your horizons and learn a thing or two from him."

"Orpheus you... You only think about your pay-check, aren't you?"

The brown-haired man sketched a smile before patting the other's shoulder.

"Do your best."

"You're unbelievable-!"

"The best manager you could have. I'll send you the details of the collaboration later, you're free to go for today." Frederick sighed in annoyance as he massaged his forehead so fervently, dropping down onto the sofa with his head leaned against the cold leather. Orpheus' slender fingers came to brush on his cheeks in a soft motion, caressing the lines of his face before resting on his spotless skin. "Do you hate it that much?"

"I thought I was pretty clear about that."

"You don't have any other choice though, but I guess I can at least help to cheer you up a bit."

As he pronounced these words, the brown-haired man bent down slightly, his hair tickling the sides of Frederick's cheeks at the same time his stomach filled with butterflies to the sweet touch of their lips meeting.

Orpheus always seemed to be careful about not letting his lips dry so it wasn't uncomfortable.

They exchanged a few more kisses but before it could go further than that, the manager backed away.

"That's all? I'll need more than just this."

"You'll have to wait until this evening, you may be free but I, on my side, still have a handful of meetings to attend."

"Workaholic."

"See you at home."

Orpheus left the lodge for good after this and Frederick also got up to prepare to leave work, in a better mood than earlier.