Don't bother me [Victor x Edgar]

It was a day just like any other. Maybe a little quieter though. Or was it just from his point of view? Everyone knew he wasn't the talkative type for obvious reasons, but the manor was strangely quiet today. Something was missing, someone.

A bark suddenly snapped him out of his thoughts and he leaned over to the dog to stroke her fur, a smile on his face. It was someone else who was missing though and he realized that the brown head with the red beret had not appeared once in his sight since the beginning of the day.

He went to knock on his door, the most likely place to find him. But no one answered. He raised an eyebrow and tried his own room just in case, since he had a spare key, but it was empty too. He tried the kitchen because perhaps he had come to get something to nibble on after ignoring another of his meals but still no one.

He looked at the schedule and he didn't have a game either. Where could he be? The last place he could think of was the garden and so that was his next destination. Unfortunately, when he arrived, he was disappointed to see that there was only a familiar gray head accompanied by another figure wearing a robe.

He approached silently but as inconspicuous as he could be, the one wearing a blindfold noticed him immediately.

"Mr. Grantz?"

The other person sitting next to him on the bench suddenly turned his head towards him at that moment and his complexion turned slightly pale, probably not expecting an unexpected visit. Victor walked over to the two men and smiled before scribbling on a notepad and turning it towards them.

'Good morning Clark, Carl. Have you seen Edgar by any chance?'

"Valden...?" said Aesop.

The gray-haired male clutched his companion's sleeve and whispered in his ear for a few seconds before glancing at the blond and then finally giving his attention to the owl resting on his lap, closing in on his world completely. Eli laughed weakly before scratching the back of his neck and Victor cocked his head to the side at the strange behavior of the two men.

"Valden... Um... How to say this, I'm not really allowed to say it but..."

'Did something happen to Edgar?'

"Ah, he's fine! Physically at least, for the rest, I can't really say to be honest. Actually, he came earlier to talk to us."

'What did he say?'

"He... told us that if you came to ask us where he was, we definitely shouldn't tell you."

Victor was quite confused. Why would he do such a thing? It didn't make any sense and his curiosity was itching more and more.

'Can you tell me where he is? I can't find him.'

"Oh, that was my intention. He's in the music room at the very end of the hallway on the ground floor."

The blond bowed to thank them and disappeared immediately afterwards to leave in search of the painter without further delay. Eli watched him walk away before turning his gaze to Aesop, who still seemed to be having fun with Brooke Rose.

"I wouldn't have imagined that you, of all people, would want to help anyone. Is it because Valden is your friend?"

The embalmer suddenly stopped playing with the owl's feathers, the latter flying off to land on her master's shoulder again. He crossed his fingers together instead and looked up to face ahead of him.

"No, that has nothing to do with it." he replied.

"Why, then?"

"Edgar... is similar to me. He doesn't want help from others even when he knows deep down that he wants to be comforted."