No Need For Questions [Naib x Aesop]

TW: Implied murder and torture

Inference x Trickster

____

As peaceful and calm a place could be, one should know that not every street and alley meant safe and secure. There were always run-down buildings in the outskirts of the town which had the reputation of being the meeting site of various gangs or underground organizations so most people avoided these areas. Unfortunately, some had no other choice than step onto these grounds.

"He's taking his sweet time..." A nonchalant voice said.

In one of the highest floors of an abandoned hotel, a man wearing a black coat stood guard in front of a door, leading to a room with opaque windows. This prevented him from witnessing the horrors happening behind the tinted glass but sometimes, his mind could simply not forget the struggling shadows.

In the meantime, on the other side of the wall, the guard's boss seemed to be busy handling some business. Catching this prey had required quite some effort this time so he felt particularly on edge, which did not bode any good to the low-life whose face laid beneath the sole of his shoe.

"Can you stop squirming for a moment?"

From the freezing tone of his voice, it was obvious that this was rather an order than a demand. The scoundrel had his hands and feet tied together so he would not be able to escape while his mouth was obstructed by the nozzle of an extinguisher, making it harder for the man to scream for his life. Even if he could say anything, it would be meaningless either way. Everyone in their field of work knew that no one ever came out unscathed from messing with the Trickster. Perhaps if he had dealt with his right hand man waiting outside, Surveyor, he would only leave with getting beaten up, but it was the mafia's leader itself in front of him so such luck already vanished.

"MMMHM-!!!"

"You couldn't sound even more disgraceful and be so useless. You were good for nothing in the end so be glad I have the patience to take care of you."

Trickster suddenly grabbed the man by the jaw as his other hand thrusted the nozzle deeper inside his mouth. The muffled screams got louder as well. It was so annoying. Better shut him fast.

There was a loud noise coming out from the room, a bit similar to when using a bottle of whipped cream. After a few moments, Trickster got out of the room with an exhausted look on his face as he closed the door. The man with a goggle who had been waiting outside for the whole time straightened up when he saw him, they had been here for a few hours so he was growing tired of waiting, then handed a handkerchief to his boss.

"You... have some foam and blood on your face." he stated while scratching his cheek awkwardly.

"Ah, thank you, Surveyor. I'll let you clean up if that's alright?"

"Understood. I prepared a change of clothes for you in the car since I thought you would prefer to go home looking less like a bloodthirsty madman."

"I see I can always count on you." he replied with a chuckle. "See you tomorrow."

Surveyor bowed as Trickster left the building.

Accordingly to his words, there were indeed clothes on the back seat of the car, Surveyor probably took them from his personal closet at the office for when work was so piled up that he was forced to stay a few nights there. Trickster got into the car and thus changed into a blue shirt and dark pants before moving to the driver's seat to start the engine, finally able to go back home. The trip took about an hour as he lived in the center of the city, away from those dangerous districts, where one could find the most luxurious mansions, though this time he was not going to his place but somewhere else further in the suburbs.

He parked his car in an alley before getting out and walking inside the entry of a building which seemed to be some kind of detective agency. He passed by the corridor of offices to climb the stairs leading to a floor made into an apartment. Trickster fumbled a bit in his inner pocket before taking out a key to open the door, yet just as he was about to unlock it, someone else on the other side pulled the handle before him, a man with mid-length brown hair welcoming him at the entrance.

"Oh, it's you." said the man, rather unsurprised.

"I didn't expect you to still be awake."

"Who are you taking me for?" he replied with a frown, right, he was probably busy looking into some case again, "Are you coming in or not?"

"I am."

Trickster walked in while the other man closed the door. He took off his shoes then right after he did, he felt a hand slid around his waist to his stomach, pulling him backwards against the brunet's chest.

"I smell blood on you." he stated.

"Is that so?"

Trickster let out a chuckle. His partner really lived up to his reputation, the famous British detective, Mr.Inference. He turned around so they could face each other, passing his arms around his shoulders to bring him into a kiss, which was given back the later more fiercely. Needless to say that they were an odd pair, one was a man who fought for justice while the other was bending the rules to his convenience like a sly fox in an expensive suit.

Inference knew about it of course, he was not the type to date someone without at least making a regular check on the other. He would be lying if he said he trusted Trickster since the beginning though. The atmosphere between them was rather tense at first but after having no other choice than asking for his help sometimes, then a few drinks here and there, one thing led to another and here they were making out passionately on the sofa with Inference standing on top of Trickster.

"Did you get into trouble again?"

"Nothing that would further irritate the police..." he replied in a short gasp he managed between kisses.

"You're getting rid of the pest because of their lack of efficiency, they should be grateful."

"That's surprising coming from you, mister detective. Were you not the one who always preached about bringing them to court?"

"I guess you have a bad influence on me."

"It doesn't displease me, I have to say." Trickster let out a soft moan when he sensed Inference's warm hand slip under his shirt. "W-Wait..." He gently pushed him away, weirdly feeling shy. "Let's go to the room first..."

"You're very needy today." Inference sketched a smile. "I will have to give you lots of love then."

Trickster groaned in embarrassment as he wrapped his arms and legs around Inference's body so the man could lift him up to the bedroom.

"Today was rather tiring so I would prefer the softness of the mattress."

"I don't know if you will still think the mattress will be comfortable, but sure."