A Walk in the Forest [Norton x Aesop]

Modern AU

___

One step after the other, it wasn't that difficult when one thought about it.

However, for Aesop Carl who spent his days confined in his apartment, when his more outgoing boyfriend Norton Campbell suddenly decided to go in some godforsaken forest for hiking, all of this would not be a very good match.

"...Norton- Can't you slow down a bit..."

"Com'on Sop, we're almost at the top." answered the black haired man with a chuckle.

"I don't know why I agreed to come..." huffed the other.

Norton stopped in his tracks suddenly, making Aesop gasp. He then held out his hand to the other with a cheeky smile.

"Because you love me?"

The ashen haired male immediately became flustered to his boyfriend's cheesy line but still grabbed his hand.

"S-Shut up..."

Norton laughed and they resumed their walk, Aesop going forward a bit more easily thanks to the other's support.

After some time going through the vast forest, the two men could finally see the end of their trip, the top of the mountain. 

"I hope it's really worth it..."

"It is, it is. Don't worry, I already came here once or twice." answered Norton.

Aesop wasn't really convinced as he really didn't like going out but once he stepped closer to fully see the view from above, it didn't take long for him to change his mind. 

Norton held his hand a bit tighter, looking ahead of them too.

From there they could see the whole little town they lived in merging with nature on the outskirts. A nice breeze brushed their faces and the sun shone warmly on their skin.

"So, what do you think?"

"Okay, it's very beautiful."

Aesop sketched a faint smile while lifting the end of his collar a bit higher.

"We should come here next year too."

"Sure, if you give me a piggyback ride."

"I can't tell if you're serious or not."

The gray-haired one didn't answer and simply chuckled, followed by his boyfriend.

He wouldn't do this everyday but changing scenery from time to time was nice, and even more when doing so with your loved one.