Lullaby

Ft. Edgar & Robbie

____

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star..."

The painter was walking in the manor's corridor, not being able to sleep due to a sudden strike of inspiration and now taking a break from it. Just then, a faint childish voice reached his ears, singing a light tune that appeared to be that of a lullaby he knew very well.

The man with the red beret got intrigued for a moment and went to the garden, where the voice seemed to come from, walking a bit further towards the deep forest, almost no light helping him get to a secluded area he wasn't aware of.

There was a swing, on which sat the familiar bag-head hunter.

The kid's hands grabbed tightly the ropes of the swing as his body moved like a balance.

"How I wonder what you are..."

Edgar lifted a brow and came closer, stopping in front of the hunter with a faint smile. Unlike the stiff face he wore in front of the others, right at that moment when it was only Robbie and him, the painter didn't feel like he had to have his guard up with the kid.

"Can I sit there?"

The singing stopped and the bag-head lifted to him, opening wide in a smile.

"You can!"

The painter thanked him and thus sat on the free spot beside him. Robbie turned his head a bit towards him before facing ahead of him and swinging more energetically than before.

"Up above the world so high!"

Edgar looked at him with a chuckle before speaking,

"Do you stay up often?" he asked.

"Like a diamond in the sky..."

The hunter's voice slowly faded as his legs grazed the ground to stop himself.

"Hm?"

"Sometimes..."

"Do you always sing this song when you come here?"

"Mhm, big sister used to sing it to me at the orphanage."

"Is that so?" resumed the painter with a smile. "I have a big sister too, you know."

"Really, Mr. Painter!?" he replied cheerfully.

"Yes, would you like me to tell you about her?"

The kid nodded enthusiastically and just like that, the night flew by with the two talking until the child fell asleep.