A Song to Your Heart [Naib x Aesop]

People think university students would be more mature as young adults, but it doesn't make much of a difference honestly. The gap between adolescence and adulthood is but a small one. Life at college was basically pretty boring to sum up. Wake up, go to school, study, do your homework, go home then repeat. That's what Aesop's life looked like everyday.

This routine didn't bother him though, the opposite would be more annoying. The young man had nothing to complain about other than his lack of sleep due to an assignment he finished late last night. He had drunk three cups of coffee in a row to stay awake but the side effects of such a bad decision made him restless the entire night, leaving the man to catch it up at the university's library alone, his earphones playing his favourite song. Or almost, there was also his best friend, another man named Naib Subedar. The latter always followed him everywhere though so other people, and Aesop as well, always counted the two together. 

They'd met in elementary school and hadn't let go of each other for a second since, so much that some people thought they might be in a relationship (Naib had dated several girls over the years though, so the rumours had quickly died down).

"Aesop... Don't you think you should go back to the dormitory...?"

Naib scowled at him as he sipped his energy drink. The other student was still standing only thanks to the support of his hand, his head almost hitting the table several times. Aesop suddenly rubbed his temple as he listened to Naib's remark and put his headphones down next to his notebook.

"I've still got a few articles to go over..."

"Is that really useful? You always get a mark above average."

The grey-eyed man frowned for a few seconds before letting out a sigh.

"You're right."

Naib smiled as he helped Aesop put his things away. The two students talked about various things on the way to the dormitories, eventually settling into Aesop's room.

"Huwah, you've really been busy."

Naib approached the messy desk and quickly rummaged through the papers scattered here and there before their owner snatched them from his hands and promptly put them away.

"Perhaps you should take this as an example."

"No thanks, I don't want to look like a zombie."

Aesop rolled his eyes and slumped onto his bed once he'd finished tidying up his mess. He buried his face in his pillow and hugged his coffin plush. Naib hadn't been wrong, he deserved a break after putting so much effort into the upcoming exams.

"Wake me up at six."

"Why at this hour precisely?"

"Mercenary is doing a live show and I don't want to miss it."

Naib nearly choked on the remains of his drink.

"W-Who's that...?"

"A singer who's quite popular at the moment."

"I didn't know you were interested in stuff like that..."

"You're not wrong. I don't usually care about artists and such but... His voice simply captivated me. You could say I fell in love."

Naib jumped on his feet at these words and quickly walked to the door.

"Uh- Sorry, I just forgot I had to call my mom tonight- She will want to do a video call so I better go back to my room and clean it up or she will start nagging-!"

"Huh, okay..."

Naib bid him goodbye and immediately disappeared. 

Naib's room was right next to Aesop's so he didn't have far to go. As soon as he entered his room, he let himself fall down the door, holding his head. His cheeks were bright red and his thoughts in turmoil. This was all because of Aesop, because of him and his taste in music, which must have been similar to his own, because of what he had just said, his words-