Fondness [Frederick x Aesop]

Modern AU

____

"Can... Can I brush your hair?"

Frederick widened his eyes at the sudden offer. He had just come back to his dorm after a long rehearsal and took a shower when Aesop appeared out of nowhere at the bathroom's door, holding a brush while trying hard not to be a blushing mess. Don't take it wrong, it wasn't that Frederick hated it. In fact, he was so overjoyed that he started sweating and wondered if he wouldn't have to take a second shower.

"O-Of course-!"

He smiled happily after which they both went to sit on Frederick's bed. Aesop carefully dried his hair with a towel so as not to damage them, though his face was already handsome enough. Even if he went outside with bedhead hair, Aesop was sure Frederick would still make quite a lot of gazes turn to him.

But maybe he was worrying over nothing. Frederick was rather famous after all. People all over the country must have heard at least one of his compositions or seen his face on the news. Having such a wonderful boyfriend made Aesop delighted but also frustrated.

The thing was, Frederick was one hell of a busy man. He already was buried in the music room back in their high school years but it got even worse when they entered college. Thankfully, they miraculously got to share the same dorm room so Aesop was now able to see his boyfriend outside of classes, in a more comfortable environment, watching the other fall asleep on some assignment, accidentally getting his hair stuck in the buttons of his pajamas during his sleep... It felt a bit like being a married couple sometimes but he was getting carried away.

"How much time is there left before the recital?"

"A month or so, with homework on the side I can't rehearse as often as I would like though."

"You will do great anyway."

"Thank you, Aesop." He let out a laugh. "But I think I prefer being perfect than just great, no offense." Aesop rolled his eyes while his hands still worked on brushing Frederick's long silky hair. "Anyway, what got into you all of a sudden?"

"What do you mean?"

"I thought you said you were going to bed but then I find you waiting for me to finish showering, not that I dislike spending time with you of course my dear."

Aesop blushed slightly, stopping his motions.

"Is there anything wrong with it...? It's just that... It would be a shame to sleep when you're not locked up in the piano room for once..."

"Hmmm... So you were feeling lonely?"

"W-what-"

"You can be honest about it. I'm all yours now."

Frederick turned toward Aesop with a smirk and grabbed his waist to bring him closer, cupping his face with one hand. Aesop was a bit hesitant during the first seconds but soon closed the gap to press his lips against his, sliding an arm around his shoulder. Frederick smiled into the kiss and hugged him before falling on his back, their bodies slumping into the mattress as their tongues warmed up each other's mouth. From such a distance, Aesop could easily smell the scent of Frederick's shampoo, roses, quite fitting to the composer as the way his fingers grazed the tiles was just as graceful.

Meanwhile, Frederick couldn't help but stare at every inch of Aesop's face, his expressions, as boring others may have called it, revealed so much more than they usually did in these moments and the composer was the only one able to notice it. He enjoyed every second and hour they spent together, talking, reading a book, laying down next to each other.

The mood was rather nice but Frederick got cut short in his ecstasy when Aesop pulled away from the kiss. He may have looked so surprised that the latter looked a bit embarrassed for an instant.

"I have a midterm tomorrow- Erm, we can sleep in the same bed though if you would like..."

Frederick laughed loudly as he moved away a bit to let some space for Aesop.

"Alright, alright, come here then."

Aesop sketched a faint smile as he came closer again, resting his head on the arm offered by the other. Frederick pulled the covers to his shoulders before kissing him good night. Aesop whispered a reply but he quickly fell asleep. He had been waiting longer than expected to stay talking with Frederick so he must have been quite exhausted by then. The composer turned off the lights after admiring his lover's face a bit more, then drifting off to the sweetest dream he could have.