Tag Game [Naib x Aesop]

Sagittarius x Trickster

____

"Don't move, Trickster. You're under arrest."

The man was still sitting behind his desk when the officer came in, gun held firmly in his hands pointing at his head. Their golden eyes met silently yet a ferocious tension was flowing in the air as if sparkles could burst from the policeman's anger. Trickster could feel it creeping through his skin and his whole body like chains restraining him. He couldn't help but stifle a bitter laugh as he lifted his hands high to admit his defeat.

"You were faster than expected."

"Shut up. You'll talk to your lawyer, though there's not much he will be able to do seeing the evidence against you."

"I wonder who condemned me. Well, at least I know it can't be you."

"I told you to shut up!"

The officer's hands trembled, his finger on the trigger. He could shoot at any time if he wanted. He could very well disguise it as an accident due to the criminal trying to retaliate. However, he knew that neither in this life nor any other he would ever be able to do so. Trickster seemed to be aware of this fact as well as he only sketched a sorrowful smile.

"You were always too kind to those around you, Sagittarius... This justice you're hanging on so hard is the reason you're weak. Are you mad I fooled you?" he asked in a lower tone.

"You...! When... Since when..."

His voice was an inch away to break but he still had his job to do.

"Since when... I wonder."

"I don't have anything else to say to a bastard."

The handcuffs were easily put on as Trickster didn't try anything during the whole ordeal. The man simply went with it and accepted his fate. Now Sagittarius just had to wait until his colleagues arrive at his position. He was known for being hot-tempered so he decided to go ahead on his own when he heard about the situation regarding Trickster.

"You're awfully quiet. This made me realize that none of us was really the talkative type." The policeman didn't reply. "I wonder how this relationship was even able to start-"

"I don't understand you Trickster."

The raven-haired man widened his eyes for a second before lowering his gaze in remorse. Fate made their paths cross but at what cost? He would lie if he said he became close to the other only to extort information out of him. That would be the biggest lie told in his life if he did so and he wouldn't be able to bear the stare of contempt from the golden-eyed man.

Truthfully, if he could change the decisions he made before meeting him, maybe they would have been able to live happily and peacefully then grow old together.

However, it was too late to regret it. Things were carved in stone and would never be erased. His sins were too much for his luck to strike this time. Still, he wanted to convey one last thing to Sagittarius before leaving.

"Not everything was a lie." he said with a lighthearted chuckle.

Sagittarius suddenly stood up at his words but the brigade finally showed up at the same time and erupted into the place like a battering ram. They dragged Trickster away while he stayed behind and watched the scene without uttering a word.

There was nothing else he could do.