Queen [Emil x Ada]

HS AU

____

"Can you repeat that, Emil?"

The black-haired man flinched. He looked at the floor while fumbling with the hem of his sleeves. His eyes shifted right and left a few times before answering.

"She's so beautiful... and kind...! Her hair shining... under the sun... It makes her look like a goddess..."

"This is disgusting."

"Oh, Aesop, don't be like that! Our boy Emil finally discovered love so shouldn't we support him?"

"Why are you phrasing it like he's our son? You're even more disgusting Balsa."

The gray-haired one went back to reading his book with a huff. This kind of talk was not his thing at all on top of the fact he had little to no experience. He could not help much even if he wanted to.

"Forget about him, Emil." shrugged Luca. "Still, I didn't expect you to fall in love with the ice queen."

"The ice queen..."

People did call her that way... She did seem cold indeed but not in the way they described her. In his eyes, her cold demeanor was rather reminiscent of a winter fairy who could freeze you on the spot with a single graze of her delicate and frail snowflake-like fingers. Right, his heart was already frozen in forever unmelting ice ever since she caught him by the waist when he was about to fall down the stairs.

Just the single motion of putting a strand of her hair back behind her ear at that time and-

"You're truly smitten with her, huh." sneered Luca.

"Guys- I need your help-! W-What can I do to get her to look my way-?"

Luca widened his eyes before chuckling. It was the first time he saw Emil so worked up about something. It was so surprising that even Aesop lifted his head for a moment to check on the conversation.

"I understand your distress my dear friend," the brunet stood up and put an arm around the other's shoulders, "And as a friend who cares about his comrades, unlike a certain someone," he glanced behind them where was Aesop who looked like he had gone back into his own world, "Ahem, this esteemed Luca Balsa here is going to do everything in his power to cook up a plan that will help you enthrall your sweetheart!"

These were the brown haired man's famous words but Emil soon realized that the reality was not as pretty as it sounded. Luca was no better than Aesop in the end and the only 'real' advice he had given him was to show Ada his good sides... Which, he was still looking for.

So he had spent a week spying on the young lady from afar and in all respect to find an opportunity to follow Luca's advice, but it mostly served him to fall even more under her spell. Ada was simply perfect. She had no flaws and so there was even less opportunity for the poor boy to try to impress her.

Or almost, just as he was about to give up, Ada came out of a classroom with a stack of notebooks in her hands. It must have been a twist of fate after being so patient, he thought! He gulped and took a deep breath before taking an awkward step in her direction.

"H-Hum-!"

Unfortunately, luck still didn't seem to be on his side and he got his own feet tangled up before crashing into the girl and then slamming down to the ground with the notebooks.

"Oh... Is everything okay-?"

"S-Sorry!"

Emil hurriedly gathered up the notebooks to make the pile again, his gaze remaining fixed on the floor to avoid meeting Ada's eyes in this embarrassing situation, not noticing the dust he was collecting. Then suddenly, while he was lamenting about this catastrophe that had just happened, he heard the sweet laugh of the girl.

"Sorry, I shouldn't laugh. You wanted to help me, didn't you? I appreciate the thought but why don't you get up first?"

Emil blushed furiously as he grabbed the hand she held out to him. How did she know what he was planning to do? Anyway, he then handed the stack of notebooks back to her but kept half of them.

"I-I'll help you."

"Thanks again, I need to take this to the teachers office."

Emil nodded as he led the way and Ada followed him with a smile on her face.

To be honest, Ada had noticed Emil for a while now, he wasn't exactly the most discreet person in the room. Nevertheless, since he didn't seem to be a threat, she decided to leave him and observe how things were progressing.

In the end, the development turned out to be more interesting than she had expected and she couldn't help but find Emil's clumsiness adorable.

It seemed that the future was already looking colorful.

___

I love my men pathetic