Sonata [Frederick x Aesop]

Original x Music Master

___

They cheer my genius with all their might, over and over, until they run out of breath. Their applause and sweet words seek my attention so I have no choice but to return the loving care. This body of mine has been rotting for a long time and yet it doesn't stop my fingers from waltzing over the black and white notes of the piano, like a puppet forced to follow the will of a higher entity.

"Frederick."

I wish I could stop everything and let it go, but it's impossible. This desire that gnaws at my mind is driven to the core of my being every time my name comes out of your lips, pink like the camellias that bloom in spring. Oh, how I wish I could take you to see them again when the cold season comes to an end. And I wonder, if you know their meaning. If so, should I take your silence as a rejection? I guess this question will remain unanswered until the end of time. 

But in any case, I am grateful to you for staying by my side in spite of everything, and let me admire the way your silky hair shines like silver under the sun's rays, and how your eyes crinkle slightly as you smell those flowers that represent my buried feelings for you. Your face blooms like the most beautiful buds and your figure has the grace of a swan in my eyes, others say that I am wasting my time and that my presence is only justified by the fact that our families are on good terms, but you cannot know how much rage boils inside me when I hear these lies.

And I couldn't be more pained to notice these words affecting you. You think you can hide it well by asking me how to play a score and as I regret that you have to endure this, I can only submit to your demands.

That ruffle you wear around your neck all the time is a gift I gave you and seeing it fills me with a joy that allows me to continue playing for you.

"Do I have anything on me?"

"Ah, it's just a little crooked, let me put it back on properly."

"I can do it myself-"

"Come on, it's no big deal." I said with a laugh.

I know you don't need my help, but even for a moment, I'd like to close that endless gap between us. Your cheeks flushed for a second and my heart missed a beat. Sometimes I don't give up on the hope that your eyes might turn towards me, but on the other hand, I can't help but think that it's just a delusion created by my dearest wish. 

I'd like to ask you and clarify things, but I'm also too afraid to do so.

So, as long as we can both sit on this bench and play the piano together, I will be satisfied.