Ringing Bell [Norton x Naib]

"Naib, don't eat too much or you'll get a tummy ache later..."

Were his mother's words but the little boy was far too focused on his plate full of rice and stir-fried vegetables to care. It was normal for a growing boy to eat so much anyway. Then again, this was one of the few times his family had been to a restaurant. The occasion? The approaching end of the year. His parents had decided to celebrate by going out, so they went to this popular restaurant in Chinatown.

Of course, as one would expect from a reputable establishment, the food was delicious and Naib had tried almost half of the dishes on the menu. Anyway, the evening passed quite quietly and the boy still had a lot of energy at the end of the meal. He even said he still had room for a snack, but his mother thought it would not be good for his health if he ate even one more fortune cookie.

So Naib put his khaki green hat back on his head and followed his parents to the counter of the restaurant, where they paid the bill. He clung to his father's leg with a chuckle as his gaze fell on a jar sitting next to the cash register. The waitress working there must have noticed his insistent gaze on the particular container because she smiled at him before removing the lid and giving him one of the famous fortune cookies inside.

The little brunet shyly took it in his hands before thanking the young woman as his mother had taught him. Fortunately, the cake was in a plastic wrapping so Naib could keep it for a few more days since his mother didn't want him to eat any more sweets for the evening, even if it was easy to suspect that it wouldn't last long. So the happy family headed home from the restaurant, Naib on his father's shoulders for the ride home.

Once back home, the boy threw his cap on the coat rack before dashing upstairs to brush his teeth, abruptly throwing his striped jacket and brown shorts into the dirty laundry basket to change into his pajamas. He was careful, however, to remove his cookie that he had received from the lady from his pocket before that and placed it on his nightstand, right next to the headboard of his bed. He let a small laugh escape from his lips and then quickly fell into the arms of Morpheus. Today was a good day.

"Naib, it's time for breakfast!" called his mother.

The little man woke up suddenly and threw himself out of bed to rush into the dining room where his mother was putting a fried egg on a piece of toast. Naib quickly sat down at the table and took a big gulp of orange juice before devouring his breakfast. The young boy was always full of energy no matter what time of day it was.

After that, he washed and dressed before heading to the front door. He grabbed his bag and put on his favorite green cap before leaving the house and shouting a quick goodbye to his mother, then running to the park next door to meet his friends. He played like this until lunchtime when his mother called him from the doorway of the house to tell him to come back. As usual, he came back like an arrow.

His father was at work that day so it was just him and his mother. He told her what he had been playing with his friends, gesturing with his arms in all directions while his mother told him to be careful not to get it all over. When the meal was finished, she was about to bring the dessert but Naib stopped her, saying he didn't want any. His mother watched her son leave with astonishment, it was very strange that he did not want any dessert but there was a very specific reason behind it.

In his head, he was thinking only of his trophy on the night table.

He entered his room by violently opening the door, his green eyes immediately landing on the subject of his desires. He ran to it and grabbed it with his small, fragile hands. He removed the wrapper and tossed it into the garbage can before sitting down on his bed. The triangular-shaped cookie lay between his palms, all shiny and beautiful, just waiting to be opened.