Fortune Telling [Fiona x Emily]

"Misfortune" x Risktaker

____

Sometimes, money didn't do everything.

Being rich and having power wasn't the clue to happiness.

This, the young yet mature Emily Dyer knew it very well.

The woman felt like something was lacking in her life which was nothing else but... love.

There were many ways for her to find the perfect one, dubious dating apps, mixers and so on...

However, the classy woman was more of a gambler who preferred to use unconventional means.

It led her to the present where she was now sitting across a woman with quite the singular outfit. A headband with horns, multiple necklaces hanging in the curve of her chest as well as multiple bracelets and tattoos covering her arms.

The woman before her was none other than the most famous fortune teller in the area, known as Fiona Gilman.

She was particularly discreet because of her gifts, which were rumored to be miraculous, and finding her required a rather large sum of money from Emily, even if it was only a small blow to her fortune.

Finally, the blonde crossed her legs and leaned against the armrest of the sofa, her long scarlet dress highlighting her amber irises.

"Before I start the session, I must inquire," her mesmerizing blue eyes set on the other woman, her lips slowly moving in a mysteriously seducing way, "Are you sure you want to have a taste of the future? It may be bleaker than you expect."

"Life is fair to no one but I trust my luck, you can keep going." she answered confidently.

"The skies shall reward your bravery..." replied Fiona with a faint smile.

The fortune teller clapped her tambourine with her palm, a clear tone echoing in the dark room they were.

Afterwards, Fiona took out a tarot deck from her pocket and mixed them before making Emily choose a bunch from the displayed cards beneath her eyes.

"What are you after, dear customer..?"

"I am searching for true love."

"Is that so?" she interrupted before turning the first card which read 'The Lovers', "It seems like your soulmate is very close..."

Fiona asked Emily a few questions every time she turned another card until all of them were visible. She seemed to be in deep-thoughts for a moment as she stared intently at the result, her eyes slightly widening before a chuckle left her mouth.

"I see..."

"...Yes?"

"I can't give you much details right now as I still have some doubts about the conclusion but another session will surely be more fruitful."

"Really? This is rather unfortunate but I understand. Feelings are difficult to define so I'll wait."

Emily stood up, holding out her hand to the fortune teller.

"It was a pleasure, dear customer."

"Likewise." answered the blonde, looking forward to their next meeting.

"Surprises are ahead of you but I only see good fortune."

"Thank you for your words, Miss."

And thus, the rich woman left the small shack of the fortune teller, looking one last glance at Fiona as something deep in her mind was telling her that she would meet the other quite often from now on.