(y-0.75x)^2+(0.75x)^2=1 [Herman x Alva]

College AU

___

(y-0.75x)^2+(0.75x)^2=1

He wasn't sure why he had thought of this particular equation again. What was certain was that the strong bitter smell of antibiotics awakened him abruptly from a heavy sleep. He saw a white ceiling and blue curtains found in hospital rooms, this particular detail immediately striking him and forcing his body to want to get up if not for another presence at his side preventing him from doing so by the sound of his voice.

"You're up?"

Alva turned his head to the side and saw Herman sitting on a stool reading an encyclopedia. The man in question closed the book and placed it on the bedside table then gave him a weak smile followed by a laugh.

"This is..."

"The university infirmary. I brought you here after you passed out for the umpteenth time this week! At this rate, I'll soon have the strength to carry you all the way here with one arm, you know."

The blond man rolled his eyes at the dramatization of the other.

"What about my research?"

"Tsk, I understand that you're so concerned about this project and I'm very invested in it myself but you'll end up never seeing the end of it if you die of exhaustion. The human body needs rest, Alva."

"I get enough sleep, don't worry."

"Scientific studies have proven that an adult should get at least seven hours of sleep a day to be healthy, and I don't think the hours of sleep you gain by passing out count. Not to mention the stress you accumulate in the process, keep it up and..." Alva had stopped listening when he realized that Herman wasn't about to stop his lecture. He couldn't escape so the only refuge he found was under the blanket which he pulled over his head as his body turned to face the opposite side. "Alva-! Are you listening to me-?!"

"I'm resting as you requested and the sooner this is done, the sooner I can get back to my lab."

"Ah, about that, I asked Professor Diruse not to give you the key for a while and he gladly agreed."

"You did what-!?"

This information that reached his brain stirred the limp muscles in his body in no time to grab the dark-haired man by the collar just before releasing him the next second realizing that his lack of energy due to consecutive sleepless nights was having more of an impact than he thought on his metabolism, a miscalculation on his part. Besides, fighting with Herman was pointless. The idiot may have looked like he had his head in the clouds, but his intellect matched, if not exceeded, his own.

"Ha ha ha, lay back down, you look like you just inhaled chloroform!"

Herman stealthily pressed a chaste kiss to his lips as he helped Alva get comfortable under the sheets, the latter's cheeks tinged pink.

"Don't you have a thesis to write?"

"I finished it last week. I'll let you look at it later if you want."

"Really...?"

"Yes, yes, so for now, sweet dreams."

He leaned over him to kiss his forehead, the simple touch having the effect of striking the man with a softness that helped him fall asleep immediately. For the entire time Alva was stuck in the infirmary bed, which was almost in his name now, Herman remained by his side with a smile plastered to his lips, solving a certain equation to give to his sleeping beauty later.