Devilish Skater [Fiona x Vera]

Carmen x Figure Skating

___

It was... finally over.

Her chest was throbbing and her breath was still ragged, but she had reached the end of this performance and that was all that mattered.

She bowed to the audience and then let her shaky legs slide her across the ice to the bleachers where the other skaters and staff were.

"Nice show."

Just as she arrived, the young woman was greeted by a familiar figure and a singing voice that was quite annoying for her tastes. Just off the stage, waiting for her with her jacket, was another woman with ebony hair who wore a red and black costume with some sort of horned headband, the whole thing supposedly making her look like a demon.

Vera didn't answer and simply took the vest from her hands without glancing at the woman, slipping it over her shoulders so as not to wrinkle her outfit. She then went to sit on one of the chairs and then removed the accessory in her hair before finally letting out a sigh of relief.

"Your turn hasn't come yet if I'm not mistaken."

"Oh? Are you interested in me now?" the other replied with a petty smile.

Ha. It was truly impossible to communicate with this haughty woman. Fiona Gilman... For some reason, ever since the two of them had entered the harsh competitive world of figure skating, Fiona always seemed to be sticking around to make comments that Vera could very well do without.

"I hope for your sake that you manage to impress the judges as much as I did, though that might be asking too much of you." the brunette retorted.

Fiona chuckled before walking over to Vera and placing her hand on the back of her chair, suddenly leaning in toward the other woman.

"Is that a challenge?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Advice from someone with more experience."

"What's the prize if I get more points?"

Vera parted her lips without giving an answer, as if mute. It was almost as if she had just been hypnotized, enchanted by Fiona's piercing red eyes. Unfortunately, before she could respond, the sound of the speakers calling the young woman's name interrupted them.

Fiona then straightened up to join the stage not without throwing a discreet significant glance to the brunette, the latter shuddering slightly at the eye contact. 

The woman then disappeared from her line of sight to the center of the ice rink and Vera also stood up to get a closer look. Fiona got into position and the music began to play, signaling the start. Not surprisingly, her sequences and jumps were perfect for someone she was competing with for the gold medal.

The brunette could not help but recognize this. Fiona Gilman was an incredible skater. From the beginning to the end, she couldn't take her eyes off of her and just admire her. Fiona had a rather sharp tongue most of the time but on the ice she seemed to give off a whole different vibe brimming with passion and sensuality.

Realizing what she was thinking, Vera widened her eyes and left the place to go change in the locker room. At the same time, Fiona noticed it and made a slight mistake in one of her moves, a misstep that would cost her points.

"Tsk. That's pretty cruel of her." she muttered.

She eventually finished her performance and immediately left the dome to find Vera. Fortunately, she came upon the young woman quickly enough, changed into a more comfortable outfit and in front of a vending machine buying herself a can of black coffee.

The brunette didn't feel Fiona's presence though and after bending down to pick up her drink, she came face to face with the other skater. She was about to say something when she saw her but was suddenly stopped when the dark-haired woman tackled her against the vending machine.

"What are you doing Gilman-"

"That's the question I'd like to ask you, Nair."

The tension between the two women was electric and a heavy silence settled in until Fiona was finally the one to break it.

"Why didn't you stay?"

"My manager had called me."

"Stop giving me crap."

"..."

Vera bit her lower lip as she looked away. She herself knew this was all stupid but she was far too proud to admit her feelings. Fiona assumed the brunette would say no more and took a step back, laughing bitterly.

"I see. Despite my best efforts, nothing will change, is that it?"

"..."

"Aren't you going to say anything?"

Vera looked up at Fiona with her blue eyes and in that instant her vision darkened and she felt a grip on her arm then a hand go behind her back. For a few seconds she felt something soft against her lips and blushed briefly but the fantasy didn't last long with Fiona releasing her.

"G-Gilman..."

The red-eyed one sketched a weak smile as she saw the other's reaction. Suddenly, the speakers sounded again to announce the scores. Fiona had come in third place because of her mistake and Vera was in first place.

"I may have lost this competition but I think I won something else."

Fiona smiled one last time at Vera before leaving, letting the woman stunned. She stood there for a moment before finally holding her face in her hands and laughing faintly.

"A real demon... Tempting me like that then leaving just like this..."

Vera pulled herself together after a few minutes, walking towards the skating rink to receive her medal, a smile on her face. The next time she would see Fiona outside, things were certainly going to be interesting.