A star on the stage [Vera x Margaretha]

Sands of Time x "The Moonblessed"

______

Life was a boredom.

It was always the same, the same repetitive, boring routine. Waking up in the morning to go to work, running the company by giving instructions and then going home exhausted and annoyed by the slightest thing that went wrong. This was the life of Vera Nair, one of the most influential women in the city, owning more than half of the stores in the town and having built her fortune with her strength alone.

The young woman had everything she could dream of, money, fame...

However, what more could you do when you already had everything you wanted?

To get her out of her immense loneliness, one of her old friends contacted her, a certain man going by the name of Recluse. The male was a renowned detective and was dating a rather famous actor lately, known mainly for his role in Hamlet. Apparently, the theater in which the latter worked was preparing a brand new show and his friend had just been given two tickets by his lover so he offered to come with him.

"I hope it's really worth it, Clark."

"Come on Nair, you should relax a bit, you're hanging out in your offices too much."

"You're no better than I am."

"True, but I assure you it's definitely worth it!"

"Are you sure you're not just saying that because your boyfriend is in the cast?"

"Maybe."

The brunet laughed and the blonde clicked her tongue. The lights in the room went out a few moments later and darkness filled the hall. Slowly, the long red curtains of the stage opened to make way for the first act. It was a rather tragic story, the lead role was played by a blond man who must be the detective's lover.

His character was a member of the church who had found himself betraying his own people in order to protect them but ended up paying the price with his life in the end. However, while all eyes were fixed on the young man, the young woman's eyes were focused on a completely different person. Her black pupils could not break away from the other main character...

A young woman whose appearance was as charming as it was mysterious. Her character was the one of the corrupted Saint. Every move she made was full of gracefulness beyond words and the mask covering her face gave her an ethereal appeal. Vera Nair was eager to see what was underneath, and perhaps a little more...

When the performance ended, the actors came to the front of the stage to receive a wave of applause and roses. The blond took advantage of it to admire again the famous young lady who had just stolen her attention. She was however taken by surprise when their eyes met and the latter sketched a smile to her.

She hadn't been dreaming, had she? It was clearly a provocation, an attempt to lure her into the lion's den. A shiver ran down her back and she held back a giggle. This was getting interesting...

"Would you like to go backstage? My boyfriend can get us through if you'd like."

"With pleasure." she replied.

The beginning of the day had been quite gloomy, but everything seemed to be suddenly splashed with golden powder illuminating her world. So the two waited for the room to empty a bit before approaching the stage where the blond from earlier was standing by the curtain. Surely the one with whom the dark-haired was completely enamored.

"You were perfect."

Clark went ahead of the young woman to embrace the other man and place a kiss against his cheek without any restraint. The latter blushed sharply before putting his hands against his face to move him out of the way. He then noticed the presence of the blonde and cleared his throat.

"Who is it?"

"Oh, Aesop, this is Vera Nair, an old friend of mine."

The male nodded to the woman and she smiled back at him. Looking at him more closely, she could now understand why Clark was obsessed with the boy. He was rather handsome and with rather nice curves. She would remember to call the dark-haired man if she ever needed his partner for a future commercial for one of her products.

Nevertheless, she wondered what the blond could find in this fool of a detective. Since she knew him, she had only seen his bad sides, messy, always late, the list was long and never ending. The only quality he had was probably his intuition and his sense of logic that served him for work. Anyway, it wasn't like her to interfere in other people's business.

"I'll introduce you to the rest of the troop."

So the trio went backstage with Aesop as their guide. They saw a lot of different people but the last one they met was the only one that occupied the young woman's mind. She was finally in front of her eyes. She no longer wore her mask, revealing her two mesmerizing black orbs.

"Lastly, this is Margaretha Zelle."

"Pleased to meet you."

Ah, her voice was just as melodious as what she had heard earlier, it only fueled her desire to possess the young woman. Clark drew the blond a little further away to chat, leaving Vera alone with Margaretha. There was a short silence before the dark-haired one spoke first.

"How was the performance?"

"Wonderful. It's been a long time since I've witnessed something so lucrative."

"Glad to hear it, how long have you known Carl?"

"To tell you the truth, I only just met him. I'm a friend of the brown guy over there."

"Oh, I see!"

"I was particularly charmed by your performance to be honest, would you allow me to invite you to dinner tonight?"

Vera offered her hand and Margaretha widened her eyes for a second before flashing the blonde a gentle smile and gingerly taking hold of the hand that was presented to her.

"Who would refuse the invitation of such a lovely woman?"

The blonde's cheeks reddened slightly at these words and her fingers closed on the brunette's hand, as if she didn't want to release it anymore. A candlelight dinner in the company of a gorgeous woman? There was something to be jealous of and Nair was going to enjoy every moment of this night. One thing was sure, her long days were going to be nothing but a vague memory now...