《Chapter 23- Even Women》

Catherine’s POV:

“Miss, I am right here where are you looking at?”- Dawson smirked.

“Huh?”- I slightly flinched and looked at him. Dawson furrowed his eyebrows while looking at me back.

“Umm..Do I look odd or what?”- Dawson led out a laugh. Is he kidding now? He has definitely identified me..Why is he pretending now? Ugh Shit!!

“No”- I said and rolled my eyes. Why is he playing now? This is seriously frustrating. Is he going to shoot me? My fingers are shaking a bit. Fuck! This was not supposed to happen.

“Ryan, your girlfriend doesn’t seem to like at all me I see..Her dead stares are already scaring me”- Dawson laughed looking at Ryan. Why the hell will I like the one who is going to push me towards my death? He is definitely playing now but why? Does he not want Ryan to know? Maybe it is…But sooner or later Ryan will know. I am sweating a bit now.

“You don’t know how much hard I fight for my survival each and every day”- Ryan sighed. I looked towards him with a total blank expression. What does he mean? Ryan looked back towards me and smirked while cocking his eyebrows.

“What do you mean? Do I give you such hard time that you have to fight for your survival?!”- I asked with a high tone voice nearly mocking his sentence.

“Dawson, the atmosphere smells like I am going to have a hard time soon”- Ryan sighed. Stephen laughed out of no-where.

“Best of luck bro”- Stephen gave a thumbs up to him. Is it that funny?- I thought.

“Hey can we have a drink on the success of Dawson’s arrival?”- Stephen suggested. That’s a total failure to me. Dawson looked at me. I avoided his gaze. Will this night be the last night for me?

“I will pass..I prefer to take rest”- I said and excused myself. I need to call Mr. Grayson as soon as possible. What if I die today night only?

“Well it seems like the hard time already started”- I heard Ryan’s voice.

“Best of luck”- Ethan said while going through his phone.

I got inside the room. I took out a sim card and was going to open my coat. Suddenly I heard a knock. I flinched. Is this Dawson?- I thought and gulped. I got a hold of my gun which was inside my coat and walked towards the door keeping hands inside my coat. I opened the door.

“You locked the door without me in the room”- Ryan said. I quickly released the gun and took out my hand from the coat.

“Did I?”- I asked. His question was so sudden that I did not think of the question and replied within a second. That was a stupid reply. What the rubbish am I speaking? I definitely did lock the door without him.

“Hmm?.. Did you not know that you have locked the door without me?”- Ryan smirked.

“What I mean is..You can sleep in the guest room tonight or with your friend who has arrived recently.”- I said. I desperately need to call Mr. Grayson tonight.

“Its fine…I can meet him later”- Ryan said was going to enter the room.

“No you can meet him now… I am planning to study a bit”- I said finding a proper excuse.