《Chapter 27- Can't Deny》

Catherine’s POV:

“Ryan..We need to be first..ICIA will be attacking us within twenty minutes”- I finally spoke. I felt him being silent on the other side.

“Ryan?”- I asked, not receiving any response from him.

“Come to my office now”- he said and hung up. Without wasting any time I went towards the office building.

The Black Faced Caters’ building:

I entered the building to see everyone working.

“Everyone is working now? At this hour?...has Ryan informed them to come over?”- I mumbled as I made my way towards Ryan’s office.

Suddenly I received a text from Mr. Grayson. Shit—I forgot to take my sim card out..I went aside and peeked. It read:

“Is everything going as planned?”

I replied to him and quickly took my sim card out.

Ryan’s Office:

I entered to see Ryan and Ethan working together.

“Ryan..”- I said as I got into the room.

“Ethan, see me out in a minute”- Ryan said. Ethan got up and went towards the door.

“Why are you standing?”- Ryan said. As Ethan went out of the room I walked towards Ryan.

“Why are all of them working here at this hour?”- I asked.

“Didn’t you say that ICIA will be attacking us within twenty minutes?”- He said.

“Within these few minutes all of them came up?”- I asked.

“No..They have been working since the morning”- He got up and stood in front of me.

“Why?”

“Because I don’t know how much ICIA knows about us”- He said.

“That means you knew that they would be attacking the gang today?”- I asked.

“Hmm”- He nodded. How could I believe that the betrayer didn’t inform them? - I thought

“Then why didn’t you tell me?”- I asked. Does he not trust me?- I asked myself..no he did a good job..He should not trust me..

“I am sorry..Now that you know...I had to tell you..But from where did you get the information?”- He asked.

“Me?”

“Hmm?”

“I just overheard someone speaking in the mansion about ICIA”- I just made up an excuse which was pretty bad.

“If you heard it from someone then why did you think that I don’t know the fact..Wasn’t it obvious for me to know?”- He asked. I am screwed!

“I-I ahh That..”- I stumbled. Suddenly I saw Ethan coming inside.

“We don’t have much time left”- He said.

“Let’s go”- Ryan said and nodded looking at me. Thank god Ethan came within time.

Dawson with men was on the other side of the Island. Mark and Stephen with men remained inside the office building. Ethan, I and Ryan went towards the shore but there was no one. There were more men with us.  How will I make them understand that now they will not find any of our ICIA’s men here?..They are already here and they will attack Ryan’s mansion first. More men will come later. I know he has appointed more than enough men in charge of the mansion but those men are not enough to end ICIA’s men… Even if I inform them they will only doubt me thinking how can I know all these? On top of that Ryan is also not leaving me alone..I looked here and there.