nina and ricky intros

Nina pov

I've never had many friends...but I don't mind. Kourtney, Carlos, and Seb are all I need right now. They've been my closest friends since...forever, honestly. We've gone through pretty much everything together...and now we're experiencing the so called "best years of our lives" together, or in other words. High school. I've always loved school...ever since I was a little girl with big dreams and high hopes for my life. That is until I moved onto high school at East High. I was so excited to be going there because their drama department is the best in Utah, but the kids there...absolutely terrible. My freshman year I came home crying every night to my dad, wishing I could die. I was miserable but my dad was always there for me. He always knew exactly what to say and do to make me feel better. I've always been super close with my dad and ever since high school we've grown closer. I love him a lot. But anyways now, I'm a junior, I have friends, I have self-confidence. I'm good now. You also may be wondering why I only mentioned my dad and not my mom...that's a whole other story. One I don't like to share.

Ricky's pov

Being a popular kid at East High gets tiring. But I don't mind. It's nice to know people like me. Even though it's not always for the good reasons but...still? I will admit I'm not a very behaved child but like...come on, have a little fun with your life every once and a while. I guess I'm mostly known for how cool I am and...my looks. Just kidding...maybe. Oh whatever, that's what all the girls at East High tell me and I like to believe them. My friends think I'm a little too overconfident...but like...confidence is key right? I've never had any other friends than Gina, EJ, and Red...and I don't want to. They match my energy. I also find a lot of people can't stand me and are rather scared of me. Especially when the whole gang is together...the looks on those kids faces are priceless. Besides scaring children, I like skating and occasionally playing basketball. EJ and Red are on the EHS team and they've tried convincing me to join but...I'm not trying to be around those cheerleaders in a tank top. My dad used to play for East High when he was a teenager and that's how he met my mom...now he's a pilot. So, he's pretty much gone every week. My mom on the other hand runs a business of interior design here in Salt Lake. It's pretty popular. Oh, and one more thing about my friends...specifically EJ and Gina. They can be so annoying sometimes since they're dating and I just want to like break them up...but don't tell them I said that. 

a/n: hopefully these give you a little background and feel for the two main characters :)