10. new friends?

Nina's pov

"Oh I uh- you don't hav-"

"No...it's...it's okay.", Ricky interrupts me.

I slowly nod my head and he leads me up the cold wooden steps. Once we get to the top, we quietly walk over towards one of his many guest bedrooms. He opens the door and turns around to face me.

"Um...is this okay?", he asks.

I nod, "Yeah thanks..."

"I-if you need anything just uh...let me know, I guess...", he awkwardly talks.

I nod once again before slightly smiling at him and shutting the door. I gently press my ear to the door, waiting to hear his footsteps fade away. Once they're gone, I slide down the door and bury my head in my knees as I begin to silently cry. There's just...too much happening right now. And if I'm being honest, I can't handle it. But I don't like to show it...nobody knows what's going on with me...and nobody ever will. Simply because...I won't tell them.

Ricky's pov

I shut my bedroom door and let out a giant sigh. Nina Roberts...is sleeping in my guest bedroom. I mean...it's not like she hasn't spent the night here. But...I wasn't planning on seeing her. Or talking to her. Or having her stay here? Kinda mentally slapping myself right now. I lie down on my bed and stare at the ceiling as I begin to fidget with my fingers. What happened to her? Why was she such a mess when she showed up at my door? And why...do I feel like I care? I shake my head to get rid of these...random...thoughts before I close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

{The next morning; Thursday}

I shift around in my bed and reach my hand out to stop my obnoxious alarm after a good five minutes of letting it ring on. I rub my eyes and squint as they adjust to the bright light making its way through my window. I noticed it was super quiet in the house, which wasn't a surprise, considering my mom leaves at like 6 in the morning for work. But then I remembered. Nina. I jump out of my bed and hurry over towards the guest bedroom she was staying in. I stopped in the doorway when I saw the bed neatly made with no one there. I scrunch my brows up as I turn around and walk down the wooden steps, into the kitchen.

"Nina?", I call out, wandering around my house.

After minutes of searching and her nowhere to be found, I head back up to my room and pick up my phone.

I nod my head and let out a sigh, "Alrighty then

I nod my head and let out a sigh, "Alrighty then."

I throw my phone down onto my bed before I walk into my bathroom and begin to get ready. After, I open my closet and scan through the clothes I have. I decided on a hoodie and basketball shorts...as usual. I slide my shoes on, grab my backpack and phone, and walk down the stairs. I take a banana from the counter as I rush out of the door to get in my car. I spent so much time looking for a girl I don't even care about...that now I'm gonna be late. Not that I care, but my mom will kill me if I get another tardy.