41: moving forward

HEY PEEPS SO LEMME EXPLAIN THIS CHAPTER

basically im just trying to get thru some time here. but since im SO nice...i decided to give u some social media posts n mini stories so i dont fully rob u of rini content. :) n e ways yes. when u see the **** that means its a different time n different mini story. if this makes any sense. if it doesnt just ignore it BAHHAHS but anyways ENJOY

{Time through mini stories)

Nina's pov

"Ricky! You're supposed to put the flour little by little!", I chuckle, "To prevent...this"

I look him up and down and see how he was covered in the white flour. We're making cookies and I trusted him to add the flour but...apparently, I must watch at all times. I hand him a towel to wipe himself off as I take over and add the flour to the mixture.

Ricky went upstairs to change into new clothes while I roll out the cookies and set them on the sheet. Once they were all evenly placed out, I pick the tray up and walk to the oven. I open it and set the tray in. When I pull my hand out, I accidentally touch the rack in the oven, sending a sting of pain through my fingers.

"Ow!", I mutter, looking at my fingers that were turning red, "Ricky!" 

I turn around and see him come running down the stairs. I bite my lip to try and distract myself from the stinging pain on my fingers.

"Baby what happened?", he asks, coming up to me.

"I burnt my fingers- Ricky it hurts!", I say.

"I know, I know. Come here, run it under cold water.", he says, turning the sink on.

I hesitantly put my fingers under the cold water. It stung at first but after felt more refreshing.

"You okay?", he asks, tucking my hair behind my ear.

I nod my head, looking back at my hand, "I think so-"

He smiles and places a kiss on my forehead.

****

Ricky's pov

I sit on the white fluffy sand, looking into the distance. I watch Nina joke around with Los and Seb in the ocean water. She had the biggest smile on her face, and it made my heart happy and warm.

"She's truly doing so much better with you.", Kourtney says.

I shrug and look at her, "I wish she could stay this way, Kourt. She still has her moments...and now they're worse. Of course, I do see how happy she is and I'm happy I can provide it for her...but I just want her to feel this happy 24/7"

She sadly smiles, "I know. But the only thing you can do is be there for her when she has the moments. Eventually, it'll get better and she'll recover from all the trauma and depression and whatnot."

I nod, "I know. I wish I could just take it away and she could be free from it all. I mean- Kourt the poor girl is scared to drive alone."

She furrows her brows at me, "Why? What happened?"

"She went out to get lunch one afternoon and she called me having a panic attack because she heard police and ambulance sirens. And I guess it triggered her trauma from her dad's car crash and the ambulance that took away her mom. I'm just scared one day she'll crash the car."

Kourtney pats my shoulder, "Don't worry Ricky. Everything will be fine." 

****

Nina's pov