37. unexpected

HEYY PEOPLEEE!!! so this one is quite the rollercoaster and im wishing u luck. u may need the tissues...depending on how u r. but imma go hide from u guys now...good luck again-

Ricky's pov

It's been a couple weeks since the first day of school. And...I wish I could say it was going great. But, it's not. Nina is a complete disaster. Her depression and anxiety hit, she's having panic attacks all the time, she's not getting sleep, she's barely eating. I'm starting to get really worried. She got anti-depressants from her therapist...but I don't know if it's helping. I've been talking to Kourt, Los, and Seb about this...also my mom and dad. I just want her to be okay.

I gently knock on her bedroom door. I watch as the handle twists and she opens the door. Her eyes were puffy, she looked exhausted, and it was clear she'd be crying.

"Neens...", I breath out. I walk forward and pull her into a tight hug.

I hear her begin to cry and I shut the bedroom door behind me. I walk over and take a seat on her bed, motioning for her to come over. She stumbles over and lies down next to me. I wrap my arm around her and try my best to comfort her.

"Neens what's going on?", I quietly ask her.

She sniffles, "I-I'm tired. And I have so much to do-"

"Okay...take a break and let's get a snack and some water. Then I'll help you, okay?", I suggest.

She lightly nods her head and we both get up, heading into the kitchen. I grab a white glass bowl and pour animal crackers and chocolate covered pretzels into the bowl. I set it down in front of Nina along with a bottle of water.

"Thanks", she sighs.

I softly smile at her, "Of course"

Nina's pov

I pop the last animal cracker in my mouth before I set the bowl in the sink. After, Ricky and I make our way back into my room.

"Okay...uh- I have to do math homework", I say.

He nods, "Okay sounds good"

I pull out my math notebook and a pencil, setting it on my desk. We take a seat and I show Ricky the problems I couldn't solve.

"Okay...so for all of these the only thing you're doing wrong is you aren't squaring this.", he explains.

My lips part, "Oh- oh my gosh I'm so stupid."

I pick up my pencil and work through the problems, quickly finishing.

For the next couple of hours, Ricky helped me complete all my homework. By the time we finished, it was around 11pm and I was exhausted.

"Thank you...so much.", I say.

He nods his head, "Of course...now get some sleep. Tomorrow is Friday"

I happily sigh, "Thank gosh...I don't think I could go another day."

He chuckles, "Night Neens"

I smile, "Goodnight"

He exits the room and I pack away my school supplies before I walk into my bathroom. I wash my make-up off and brush out my hair before opening a drawer. I take the pill bottle and dump a few in my hand before swallowing them. They're my anti-depressants and they're my life saver.

Ricky's pov

{Friday}

We have fifteen minutes until we have to leave for school, and I haven't seen Nina. I walk up the stairs and knock on her door.