28. white coat

hey besties. sorry the title is actual trash- i originally had a good one but soon realized it gave away too much. so...white coat is what u get. enjoyyyyy >:)

Nina's pov

"NO- N- NO PLEASE!", I shout, before feeling hands rest against my skin.

My eyes shoot open, meeting the gaze of a curly haired boys. I'm breathing heavy. I'm sweating. I'm scared. I gulp as I look around the room slowly before looking back at Ricky.

"W-what's going on?", I ask.

"Neens you were having a bad dream...it's okay...", Ricky quietly speaks.

I let out a loud sigh before letting my body drop back onto the bed. I quietly stare at the ceiling, biting my lip. The last 24 hours have been...an adventure to say the least. I mean, I went to school. Ricky was kind enough to drive me to work and stay there. We got coffee. We were having a great night. Then, I come home to find my mom being carried away from me, unconscious, on a stretcher. And...I couldn't even go with her. How insane is that?! They wouldn't let her own daughter come with her. These people are-

"Neens?"

I'm cut out of my thoughts and turn to the side to see Ricky lying right next to me. He's staring at me. Right into my eyes. I turn my head away from his gaze and look at the ceiling.

I clear my throat, "Uh y-yeah?"

He sighs, "How're you doing?"

I fidget with the necklace on my neck, staying silent.

"Neens...", he whispers, turning on his side, facing me, "Talk to me..."

I feel my eyes sting. A lump form in my throat. I take one blink and send tears down my face. After that, they just continue coming. There's no stopping. It's too much pain.

"Hey...it's gonna be alright. Come here", he whispers.

I feel a warm arm wrap around my body, pulling me closer. Soon enough, my head meets the chest of the one boy who truly knows me. The one boy who gets me and understands me. The one boy I know I can trust. The one boy I-

Oh...my...gosh...

Ricky's pov

I flip the last fluffy pancake before transferring it to another plate. Just then, I hear the stairs creak and I turn around to see Nina walking down the stairs. Her hair was damp, from the shower. She was wearing my hoodie and her leggings. She had her glasses on. She looked perfect.

"Hey", I smile.

"Hi...", she quietly says back, taking a seat at the kitchen island.

"You feel better after showering?", I ask, serving her a plate of food.

She takes a deep breath and nods her head, "Uh y-yeah a little..."

I give her a sad smile, "Well, have some pancakes. That should cheer you up, right?"

She sadly laughs as she takes a small bite of food. I happen to notice she just seemed to be playing with her food. I could tell something was on her mind. She wasn't...here. If you get what I mean?

"What's on your mind?", I ask, resting my elbows on the countertop, looking at her.

She shrugs, "It's uh it's nothing..."

"Nina, you can talk to me remember?", I say, standing up straight.

She lets out a breath, "Can you take me to the hospital today, please?"