30. dinner date

hey besties...this chapter is kinda filler- and it's just kinda very little fluff-ish. it's just kinda cute interactions ig u could say. BUT ENJOY. the next chapter, will be more interesting. ive got it alllll planned out for ya >:)

Nina's pov

"Um...jeans...leggings? Jeans...leggings?", I talk to myself as I rush around my room.

I was at my actual house for the first time in...months. I do have clothes at Ricky's house, but I needed different ones because...we're going out. As a date? I'm not sure...but I still wanna look good. I'm pacing back and forth in my bedroom, trying to decide what to wear. Ricky told me he'd be here at 4 to pick me up. It's 3:25. I've got thirty-five minutes. I take a big breath and stare at my clothing options that are laid out on my bed.

"...jeans...and...this.", I say, picking up the two items of clothing. I decided on some plain blue jeans with a white cropped tank. Simple but...cute. I quickly threw those clothes on and opened my bathroom door, switching the light on. I rest my hands on the counter and look at myself in the mirror before taking a breath and beginning to do my makeup. By the time I was finished, makeup was scattered everywhere. I shove everything into my makeup bag, soon feeling my phone buzz. I pick it up, giggling when I see his message.

I shut the bathroom light off and run into my bedroom, grabbing a jacket, slipping on my shoes, and running to the front door

I shut the bathroom light off and run into my bedroom, grabbing a jacket, slipping on my shoes, and running to the front door. As I'm walking down the steps and onto the front porch, a lady in a black pencil skirt and black blazer walks up to me, a clipboard in hand.

"Uh- Nina Roberts?", she says, glancing down at her clipboard.

"Y-yeah...that's me.", I reply, glancing behind her to see Ricky watching from the car.

"Do you have a moment? I'm with the Salt Lake City Housing company.", she explains.

Housing company...

"Uh- I- s-sure...", I stutter, my heart beating out of my chest.

"Okay. We've noticed you haven't been keeping up with your house bills. They aren't coming on time...and after a certain number of times, we have to come talk. You haven't paid your latest, and biggest, bill. It includes your electricity, plumbing, etcetera. If you don't pay it within the next 48 hours, the house will...no longer be yours.", the lady explains.

I stand on my front porch, blankly staring at this woman as she walks away. That lump...it's forming again. My breathing begins to quicken and I'm frantically looking around for something. Someone. I feel a warm hand grab mine. Him.

"Neens take a breath.", the voice speaks.

I gulp and gasp for a breath, soon looking up to meet eyes with the same curly haired boy who's always there at the perfect moment. I feel him take my hands and guide me down the sidewalk, into the car. I'm staring straight out the front window, calming my breathing.