47. angel in the sky

just gonna apologize for that last chapter- dont hate me please- anyways this is the second to last chaaaapter :((

i have the last chapter written and it will b posted tonight :(

Her hand in mine.

Ricky's pov

"N-no. No no no no. This isn't happening. Neens...wake up. Please!", I beg, tears falling from my eyes.

My heart is racing, and I feel as though my entire world just crumbled to pieces. I feel like a giant part of me was just torn out. I feel empty.

I press the button on the counter, aggressively, multiple times. My vision has gone blurry from all the tears puddling up in my eyes. I couldn't believe anything that was happening right now.

Doctor Stefan and Nurse Olivia barge into the room, their faces turning into pure concern.

"Help- please...", I breath out.

I watch as they both walk up to her. They turn the ventilator on and place the mask over her face. The room goes quiet, except for the humming of the machine. My eyes are dry, and I bite my lip, trying to hold back the tears.

Doctor Stefan walks up to me, resting a hand on my shoulder as I stare straight ahead at the love of my life.

"Mr. Bowen...I'm afraid it's too late. The sickness has spread...throughout her body.", he says.

My heart sinks even further.

"We'll notify the hospital...and we'll get everything arranged.", he informs me.

I nod my head, staying quiet. Not because I didn't walk to talk...but because I don't think I could form a sentence. I stand and watch as Olivia takes the ventilator off Nina's face. She walks up to me with a sad expression.

"I am really...really sorry.", she says, "Please let us know if you need anything at all."

I nod, quietly saying, "Thanks."

She walks out of the room, and I'm left in the darkness. The silence. I let my tears fall once more as I walk up to her. I hold onto her hand as I let out my sobs. I put my head down on the bed while I cry, holding her hand in mine, tightly.

I look up at her face, tucking her hair behind her ear. She was lifeless. Just...lying there. I lean forward and place a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you angel...", I whisper.

{The next day}

I had to go home last night. They took her away from me. When I came home, I told my parents about what happened, and they said they'll pay to arrange a funeral. I didn't sleep one bit...I stayed up, going through phases of crying.

I was so used to having her in my arms every night...that I couldn't sleep without her. But it was now morning, and my friends are coming over so I can tell them. I think they already suspect it though since I probably seem extremely dull.

"Ricky! Your friends are here!", my dad shouts from downstairs.

I take a deep breath before walking out of my room, my heart sinking when I see Nina's empty room next to mine. Everything was still in place. All her belongings.

I come into the living room to see Kourt, Los, and Seb quietly talking to each other. They all look up at me, frowning when they see my face. I have yet been able to put on a real smile. There's too much pain inside.

"Ricky...", Kourtney breaths out.

My eyes water up, and I blink, causing for tears to roll down my face. I walk towards them, and Kourtney engulfs me in a tight hug. The room goes silent except for everyone's small cries.