39. sunkissed

AYOOO YOU LOVELY PEOPLE GET NO COMMENTS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER. SO GOOD LUCK AND ENJOY.

(also, thank u for 50 followers! ik it may not seem a lot to u...but considering how i started with obviously 0, im so so so grateful for u alllll and all the love u show me. i rlly dont deserve yall- muah muah muah! OKAY NOW GO ENJOY)

Ricky's pov

So...today's the big day.

I'm asking Nina to be my girlfriend.

I'm definitely feeling nervous and anxious for this evening. But...I'm hoping she'll say yes. Kourt, Los, and Seb have been non-stop spamming the groupchat saying that she'll say yes because they know how nervous I am. Luckily, they've helped me construct a plan so everything should go smoothly.

Throughout the school week, we worked on making plans to try and get Nina away from me, much to my dismay, so that I could set up the surprise. We used Carlos's upcoming birthday for an excuse.

{Messages from Monday}

While Seb takes Nina out shopping, Los, Kourt, and I will be setting up the spot where I'm going to ask her

While Seb takes Nina out shopping, Los, Kourt, and I will be setting up the spot where I'm going to ask her. I have a cute idea in mind and they're on board with it.

{Saturday}

So, it is now Saturday morning and it's time to put the plan into action. I shove my phone in my pocket before exiting my bedroom and walking towards Nina's door. I knock a couple times before it opens. She was doing better than last weekend, which made me happy.

"Hey you can come in. I'm just finishing getting ready", she says, opening the door and walking back to her closet.

I walk inside and sit on her bed, watching her as she picks out an outfit.

"So, what're you doing today?", I ask.

She furrows her brows and looks at me, "Did I forget to tell you?"

I shrug my shoulders, trying my best to act like I don't know. She lets out a breath and smiles at me, coming to sit next to me.

"I'm going to the mall with Seb...he wants my help to try and find Los a gift for his birthday.", she explains.

"That sounds like fun. You gonna be okay?", I hesitantly ask.

I'm aware this could backfire if she said no and wanted me to come along...but I can't leave her alone without me unless she says she'll be fine. I just get too worried about her, and I don't want anything to happen.

She nods, chuckling, "I promise I'll be fine. I should finish getting ready now."

I smile, "Okay...let me know when you're leaving."

She walks into her bathroom, shutting the door, "Will doooo!"

I shake my head and smile to myself as I get off her bed and walk downstairs. I go into the kitchen and grab myself a snack and water.