7. prove it

Nina's pov

{Friday}

I put the code in for my locker and begin taking out the books I need for the last half of my day. I was so glad it was the weekend because I really need time to...think...about stuff. I wanted to be alone all weekend and just...destress, I guess? I close my locker and turn around, meeting eyes with a curly haired boy.

"R-Ricky! You- you scared me.", I nervously chuckle, resting a hand against my chest.

"Oh- sorry uh- I was wondering if you wanted to come over after school to...work on the project?", he asks me, half-smiling.

To be honest...I really didn't want to work on this project. I wanted to be alone. Not with the person I hate most. But gotta get it done right?

"Oh y-yeah uh sure.", I force a smile.

"Great. See you later then.", he waves as he walks away.

I let out a sigh as I rub my hands over my face. As soon as I regather myself, I straighten out my clothes and begin walking towards my next class.

Ricky's pov

So...Nina's coming over. She didn't look very sure about it, but she said yes, so? I don't know. I'm just ready to get this project over so I can forget about her and move on with my life. I was a little relieved though when I was talking to her because she looked a tad better than yesterday. She was actually...ready. Her hair was brushed, she was wearing jeans and a crop top. She looked normal again.

I walked into my math class and sat next to Gina, who weirdly didn't say a word to me.

"Hey Gi", I finally said.

"Oh, Ricky hi!", she smiles, quickly putting her phone away.

"What's up with you?", I chuckle.

"Me? Oh, nothing. I'm just...really bored in math yanno?", she answers.

This girl is suspicious. I don't trust my own best friend. She's up to no good.

I nod my head, "Yeah..."

"Hey, Red, EJ, and I are going out tonight for dinner, wanna join?", she asks.

I gulp, "Uh, I can't. I have plans."

"You have plans?", she raises her eyebrows.

Okay, that might've not been the best lie...considering I never really make plans without EJ, Gina, and Red. But, I wasn't gonna tell her that Nina was coming over.

"Y-yeah I do actually.", I respond.

"Oh yeah? What're your plans Ricky?", she asks almost like she's interrogating me.

"Uh, I've gotta- I need to do-", I stutter.

Get it together Ricky.

"You need to do what hm?", Gina questions, "You need to spend time with your girlfriend rather than your best friends?"

I take a couple deep breaths to try and calm the rising anger in me. She really wasn't gonna drop this. Even after she told me she would. What the heck Gina...grow up.

"Gina- I've told you before she isn't my girlfriend, and I don't and will never have feelings for her! What's your problem?", I whisper-shout.

"What's my problem? What's your problem Ricky? You have no time for us now! You're always 'working with miss milk girl' or something.", she argues.