40. overthinking

ok bffs im sorry this one is kinda short and doesnt seem like its...a chapter. to me it seems more of a small one shot kinda thing. BUT PLEASE DONT HATE MEH. more interesting stuff is coming soon >:)

{Monday}

Nina's pov

I squint my eyes open, yawning and stretching my arms out. I look over to my side to see a head of curls still asleep. I look back at the ceiling, biting my lip to attempt at holding in my smile.

Saturday was absolutely magical. We spent the evening at the beach, I'm now dating the one boy I love, and everything is...perfect.

I sit on my side, propping my head up with my hand. I gently tap on Ricky's shoulder, quietly laughing. He groans and turns over, so we're face to face. His eyes flutter before they open, and he smiles at me.

"Hey", he says in his deep, groggy, morning voice.

I chuckle, "Good morning."

He smiles at me as I turn around and sit on the bed, my legs hanging off the side. I go to stand up but I feel two arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back down. I fall onto the bed, my head ending up on his chest.

I giggle, "Can I help you with something sir?"

He smirks, "You can actually."

He lifts his head from the pillow and places a kiss right on my lips. My cheeks blush and I bite my lip, smiling.

"I need to get ready so we're not late.", I say.

He groans and takes his arms off my waist. I chuckle and get up, walking into the bathroom. I wash my face and do my normal skin care routine before applying a small amount of make-up. After that I brush the knots from my hair and straighten it. I take one last look at my appearance before walking out of the bathroom and over to my closet. I scan through the clothes, reaching my hand out and grabbing one of Ricky's hoodies and a plain white tank top. I open my drawer and pull out a pair of black leggings. I head back into the bathroom and change into the outfit before walking back out, over towards Ricky.

"Hey that's mine!", he chuckles.

I press my lips together, "Not anymore"

He laughs at me while he gets up and heads into the bathroom to get ready. While he does that, I head downstairs into the kitchen to eat something.

Ricky's pov

I park in the East High parking lot and shut the car engine off. I look over and smile at Nina.

"What?", she asks.

I shake my head, "Nothing...I love you"

She sweetly smiles, "Well, you're in luck because I love you."

I chuckle and place a quick kiss on her lips before we get out of the car. Hand in hand, we walk up to the entrance of East High. We walk through the hallways and got a few stares but, I couldn't care less. We headed over to our lockers and of course, all our friends were waiting for us.

Nina smiles at them and runs up, hugging them all. I chuckle as I enter the code in for my locker.

"The lovebirds have arrived", Carlos teases.

I playfully roll my eyes, "Very funny"

"Soooo, how's dating life going?", Kourtney asks.

"It's been two days!", Nina says before looking at me, "But it's pretty good"

I nod my head and place a kiss on her forehead before shutting my locker. We all stand together, conversating. Soon, the bell rings and we all walk off to our different classes.