42. christmas eve

FYI: remember it's been like...a couple months in their lives- it tis now December.

AND, if u need me i will b hiding.

Nina's pov

It's finally winter break! Halfway done with senior year! Surprisingly, senior year was going perfectly up til now. I feel like some sort of winter depression has hit me. It's only been a few days of winter break, and each of those days I've been sad and emotional. It could also have something to do with the fact that this is the first Christmas without my parents. We always went all out for Christmas time.

The good news is that Ricky and I are about 4-5 months into our relationship and we're going strong! It's crazy how happy he makes me. I'm obviously spending Christmas with him and his family, which I'm super excited about! It might take my mind off everything bad.

It was now around 5pm and I was sitting on Ricky's bed while he was showering in the bathroom. I was just scrolling through my socials when I get a text from the group chat. I hear the door of the bathroom click open and I pop my head up, smiling at him.

"Kourt and the others want to go ice skating? Wanna go?", I ask.

He nods, "Sure, why not?"

I grin and quickly type back to the groupchat. I smile to myself and shut my phone off, sticking it in my jeans pocket. I roll off the bed and walk over to the curly haired boy who's looking for a shirt to wear. I walk up behind him and stand on my tippy toes, hugging him.

I rest my chin on his shoulder, "We're going to meet them in fifteen minutes. I'm gonna go get ready."

He nods, kissing my lips before I make my way out of his bedroom and into the one right next to his, or in other words, mine. I change into warmer clothes, adding one of Ricky's hoodies on top, before walking out of my room and running into Ricky at the top of the stairs.

"Ready to go?", I ask.

He nods his head, and we walk down the stairs. After grabbing what we needed, we headed out the door and into his car. On the ride there, we sang Christmas songs and jammed out together.

Ricky's pov

We meet Los, Seb, and Kourt in the Salt Lake City "North Pole" that contains an ice-skating rink, hot coco stands, a spot to meet Santa, and just a bunch of fun Christmas activities.

"Hiii", Kourtney smiles.

"Hey guys!", both Nina and I say.

"Ready to get your skate on?", Carlos says, chuckling. 

We all share a laugh, nodding our heads before we rent our skates and sit down to put them on. I was the first one to finish putting them on, so I stand up and try to get a feel for it.

"Ricky, can you help meee?", Nina asks.

"Tying laces?", I chuckle.

She pouts at me, and I playfully roll my eyes at her. I bend down and quickly tie both of her skate's laces. She smiles and I hold her hand as she stands up.

"Alright, let's go guys!", Seb cheers.

Nina's pov

We all waddle our way over to the entrance gate and push it open. Seb and Carlos go on first and balance just fine. They begin skating around the circle together. Next Kourtney and Ricky step on with no problem. Then...there's me. Scared to death to fall and embarrassed myself. 

"You coming?", Ricky asks.

"You know how to skate...you're gonna leave me!", I complain.

He chuckles, "I promise I won't."