46. i love you

no comment except that i will be literally hiding.

Ricky's pov

It's around 9pm and I'm just chilling in the same old hospital room when I hear a knock on the door. I look up and see it open. I stand up when I catch a glimpse of Nina being rolled in again. They place the bed in the same spot and reconnect everything.

"How is she?", I ask.

Nurse Olivia nods, "She's good, don't worry. Make sure she takes three tablets when she wakes up."

I nod, "Thanks"

She smiles before quickly walking out. The room goes silent as I look down at Nina who was sleeping. I felt my eyes tear up when my conversation with Doctor Stefan plays in my head.

"I can't lose you...", I whisper, moving the hair out of her face.

She begins to shuffle, and I wipe my eyes quickly. She squints her eyes open, managing to crack a smile at me.

"Hey beautiful...how're you feeling?", I whisper.

She shrugs, "Been better..."

I sadly smile, "Are you tired?"

She nods her head, yawning.

"Take your tablets then you can go back to sleep, okay?", I say, her nodding.

I unscrew the cap on the medicine bottle and pour three into her hand. She pops them into her mouth, one by one, chewing them.

"Ricky? Can you lay with me?", she asks.

I nod, "Yeah of course."

She scoots over on her bed, and I slide next to her. She cuddles up close to me and I hold her in my arms, tightly. I take in the feelings of her petite body lying in my arms. Her scent. The way her brunette hair frames her face so perfectly. The feeling of her soft lips connecting to mine...

Because I don't know if I'll get to experience it again...

{The next day}

Nina's pov

I squint my eyes open, yawning. I feel two arms around me, and I smile, seeing the curly haired boy next to me.

"Good morning...", he whispers, kissing my forehead.

"Hi", I quietly talk.

I was beginning to feel sick now too. I felt tired and my body aches and hurts. I feel like I have no energy anymore, I'm freezing all the time. I think the sickness was finally starting to affect me, but it was getting worse. 

"How are you?", he asks.

I shrug, "I'm okay..."

I felt like I had so much running through my mind.

"What's going on in your head?", he questions.

I slightly chuckle at the fact he can see right through me.

"I-I'm just scared...", I say, "The fact that we- we can't do anything...about i-it..."

He sighs, "I know...everything- everything will be okay."

The room goes into a comfortable silence as thoughts still roam my head. I take in the feeling of Ricky's warm arms wrapped around me. The scent of his cologne. The way his curls fall. The way he smiles. The feeling of his soft lips connecting with mine...

Because I don't know if I'll get to experience it again...

Ricky's pov

Nina and I have been chilling on the bed for a couple hours now. She's been dozing off here and there but I'm just glad I can be next to her. I look down at her and sadly smile to myself. I love her so much.