23. mission: find nina. complete?

Ricky's pov

I'm worried.

Really worried.

About Nina.

Ever since she was in a rush to get somewhere on Friday night...she hasn't answered my messages or calls. Even her own friends haven't heard from her. I wish I could help with whatever happened and check if she's okay...but I don't know how to do that with having no contact with her.

It was Sunday afternoon, and my parents were out running errands. I was seated on my bed, watching TV, waiting to hear my phone buzz. Kourtney, Carlos, and Seb were going to Nina's house to see if she was there and okay. They said they'd let me know what happened. It's been like an hour and I'm starting to get anxious.

Just then, I hear my phone buzz and I jolt up, grabbing my phone and looking at the message.

"Oh gosh

"Oh gosh...", I whisper to myself, feeling my heart rate increase.

I run my hands through my hair, trying to figure out what's going on, before responding.

I slip my shoes on and walk out of my bedroom door and out of my house

I slip my shoes on and walk out of my bedroom door and out of my house. I get into my car and drive towards the Salt Lake City Park. Once I arrive and park my car, Kourtney, Carlos, and Seb park next to me in another car. We all get out and stand at the entrance of the park.

"Okay...just, keep a lookout for her I guess? Maybe she's just out here chilling...", Kourtney shrugs.

"Text the group chat if anybody finds her.", Carlos adds.

We all nod our heads and take off separate ways. I walk left and follow a path through the park. I was continuously looking all around, searching for her. But there was no sign. I could feel my stomach churning as I made my way back towards the parking lot.

Where is she?

Is she okay?

Is she hurt? Is she in trouble?

I couldn't stop thinking about it. About her.

As I come back to the parking lot, I see all three of them waiting there already. I sigh as I keep quiet while they begin to talk.