15. diner

Nina's pov

I listened to his voicemail. Multiple times. I just don't even know what to think anymore. I'll be honest, when he's nice I wanna be his friend and all, then he switches up and turns into my bully. If I went back to being friends with him and accept his apology, I don't want him to just take advantage of that. Also, I feel like I have too much going on now, with the death of my dad, to worry about this mindless guy. I also messaged Mr. Mazzara about switching partners. He said I could just do it by myself which is relieving. I think Ricky was the thing holding me back because I've already wrote half of an entire song. It's kinda aimed towards Ricky...but not, at the same time. Because it is from the perspective from being heartbroken and all...and Ricky obviously didn't break my heart since we never had feelings for each other let alone dated.

It was a Sunday afternoon as I closed my song writing notebook and I packed it away into my bag. I had to get ready for work now. I got a new job at the diner just down the street...it's a nice place, I always went there as a child. And I could use the extra money for some...things. I slip on my jeans, a white cropped shirt, and vans. I pull my hair into a ponytail before I rush down the stairs and grab my keys, heading out the door.

As I arrive in the parking lot, I noticed the only person I've met while working here inside the diner and I smile and let out a sigh of relief. Her name was Makenna. She was super kind and loving! Also, very pretty. I don't know much about her yet, but I definitely think she's gonna become a new friend. Kourtney, Los, and Seb have already met her, and they love her. I just hope she isn't like a Ricky, you know? Acting all nice and then turning on me.

I get out of my car and head inside, clocking in. I then wrap my apron around me before walking into main area.

"Hey Nina!", Makenna smiles, placing two milkshakes on a table.

"Hey! How's it going?", I ask.

"Pretty good. We've been super busy this afternoon so I'm glad you're here.", she explains, "You can have tables...1A, 3A, and 4B?"

I nod my head, "Sounds good!"

I take a deep breath and push out all other thoughts about my outside of work life and get ready for a long shift.

Ricky's pov

I'm lying on my bed, scrolling through my socials. My head is still so wrapped up about Nina, but I don't want my friends to know. As I continue scrolling, I get a message from Gina.

She's been acting weird lately

She's been acting weird lately. Ever since that big fight with Nina...she's been so touchy and close to me. It's really tripping me out. I roll off my bed and freshen up my look a bit before grabbing my keys and heading out to my car. I arrive in her driveway as I text her that I'm here. After a couple minutes, I see her stroll out of her door. I put on a smile as she gets in.