35. visiting

OH MA GAWSH- WERE BACK YAALLLLLL also grab the tissues u might need em

alsooooo sorry if these are a little rusty- i need to get back into the swing of things with this lovely storyyy ANYWAYS ENJOYYY :))

Nina's pov

The bright, warm, welcoming sun enters through the windows and shines onto my face. I groan and roll around on my bed, lifting the covers over my face. After a couple seconds, I hear a knock sound on my door. I squint my eyes open and yawn.

"Come in", I groggily say.

I peek my head from under the covers and see the curly-haired boy peek his head into the room. I slightly smile as I force myself to sit up. I stretch my arms out and he walks through the door.

"Good morning" he smiles.

"Morning", I yawn, "What's up?"

He shakes his head, "Nothing...just checking up on you. You said you wanted to go see your mom and dad's gravestones...do you still wanna? They allow visitors starting at 10"

I nod, "Yes...uh- what time is it?"

He looks at his phone before back at me, "9:30"

I slide my legs off the bed and stand on the cold wood floor, sending a shiver down my spine. I grab my phone off the side table and look at my notifications.

"Ugh that's right I have to work night shift at the diner tonight...", I sigh.

"You want help?", I hear him ask.

I shrug, "If you want. I know Makenna won't mind...she's leaving in a couple weeks anyways."

He nods, "Alright...I'll let you get ready."

I smile at him as I enter the bathroom. I wash my face and do my skincare routine before applying the tiniest bit of concealer to my under eyes. I also put a small amount of blush...to make me look more alive. I put on lip gloss before brushing my hair out and pulling it into a loose ponytail. I pull out a few front pieces, so they frame my face nicely.

I walk out of the bathroom and scan through my clothes. I pull out leggings and my cropped East High hoodie. After throwing those on, I slip on shoes and walk down the stairs. As I'm walking down, I see Ricky standing in the kitchen, making something. I pause and smile at him.

"You coming down the stairs?', he chuckles.

I snap out of my trance and look down at the floor while I walk down the rest of the stairs. My cheeks were slightly flushed with embarrassment.

Ricky's pov

I watch as she takes a seat at the kitchen island. I turn around, grabbing the white glass bowl, and turn back around, placing it in front of her.

"One Cinnamon Toast Crunch with almond milk.", I say, smiling at her.

She chuckles, "My favorite. Thank you"

I nod, "Of course"

I sit next to her as she spoons cereal into her mouth. I would glance at her every now and then and my heart would warm up. I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that I just wanted her to be my girlfriend already.

After about fifteen minutes, she finished eating and we cleaned up the dishes. I grabbed my car keys and we headed out the door.

As we drove, the car ride was silent. She was staring out the window and I could sense her anxiety. She was fidgeting with her necklace and her leg was bouncing.