3. hatred

Nina's pov

I'm so excited for today! It's Saturday and me and my friends are going to the mall to hang out! Nothing can ruin today. I jump out of bed and begin to get ready. I put on a crop top with jeans and straighten my hair. I decorate with some jewelry and then slide my vans on. I'm ready to go. I snatch my keys from the counter and hop into my car and begin driving towards the Salt Lake City mall. As I pull in the parking lot, I notice a way too familiar red jeep...and I'm praying it isn't who I think it is. As I get out, I spot my friends in the distance, but right in front of me, on the other side of the parking lot, gets out four teenagers. Ricky, Gina, Red, and EJ.

Literally, why me universe? Why. I know I don't exactly know them...but I know them enough for me to know I dislike them... a lot. Especially Ricky. I walk the opposite way and take the long route up to the entrance doors. As I arrive, my friends give me a weird look.

"What?", I ask, nervously chuckling.

"Why'd you go all the way around the parking lot? And not just straight through?", Carlos asks me.

I clear my throat, "N-no reason."

"What do you mean no reaso-"

"Well, look who it is! Milk girl.", a voice speaks from behind me. An echo of chuckles also sound.

"Be careful next time so you're not used as somebody's glass", a girl laughs.

I press my lips together and shut my eyes as I'm dreading whatever was about to happen. I really didn't want to turn around. Even though I fully knew who was standing there. I take a deep breath and turn around, coming face to face with the curly haired boy. Our faces were quite close...which made me a bit uncomfortable. I could feel his hot breath on me, so I took a step back.

"What do you want?", I ask, clearly annoyed.

"Oh nothing, just saying hi to my favorite person ever.", he sarcastically replies back.

I roll my eyes and refrain from punching him right in the face. I let out a sigh.

"Well, hi. We're gonna get going now. See you on Monday stranger.", I force a smile, grabbing my friends hands and walking through the doors.

"Well...you two look...nice?", Kourtney cringes.

I groan, "I hate him! He's so annoying!"

"Don't you have to do Mozzarella's project with him?", Seb asks me.

"Ugh yes...don't even remind me.", I say.

My friend's and I walk through the mall, going store to store and buying things we probably don't need.

After a good hour and a half of shopping, we stopped in the food court for lunch. After we got the food, we took a seat at a large table and began eating.

"Today was so fun", I smiled.

"It really wa-", Seb got cut off by all four of us hearing crying.

We turn our heads and see a little boy staring at his ice cream that was now on the floor. I noticed another person next to the little boy and as my eyes followed up the body, I could feel my blood boil. If it isn't the Ricky Bowen and his gang. I immediately get up and stomp over to where their standing.

"What the heck!", I shout, aiming it towards Ricky.

"What the heck what?", he questions.

I really can't believe this dude. He has the audacity to pretend he has no idea what he did.

"You just purposefully knocked over this little boy's ice cream!", I explain.

"Yeah...and it was hilarious. What's the problem?", he chuckles, fist bumping his friends.

I get close to his face and look straight into his eyes, "You're such a jerk."

Ricky's pov

Well, that didn't go as planned

Well, that didn't go as planned. I throw my phone onto my bed as I lean back. It was 10pm and my mom still wasn't home. The house was so quiet...almost a little too quiet. It was weird. I got up and slipped my shoes on, grabbing my skateboard and riding to the skate park. As I was skating down the sidewalk, I noticed a figure on the bench. I get closer and realize it's that brunette haired girl that I keep running into. And the girl I gotta do that project with.

"Yo milk girl! What're you doing out here this late?", I shout.

She didn't acknowledge me, so I walked up to her.

"Uh hello?", I said.

She looks up at me and rolls her eyes.

"What", she says.

"What're you doing here this late?", I repeat.

"None of your business.", she replies.

Dang...this girl has really got some sass in her.

"What book is that?", I ask, reaching down to try and look. She quickly pulls it away and gets up.

"It's nothing okay? Why do you care so much? Why are you suddenly so...nice?", she asks.

I just shrug, "I don't know...just trying to befriend you I guess...since we have that-"

"Project. I know. Ricky, we'll talk Monday. Bye.", she sighs, getting up and walking away.