16. replay

Nina's pov

"What do you want Ricky?", I sternly speak.

I was turned around, facing my back towards him as I clean the countertops. My heart was racing. My palms were getting sweaty. I couldn't think straight anymore. Why do I let him have this affect on me.

"Listen- I just...wanna talk.", he speaks, nervously.

I whip my head around and meet his gaze, breathing heavily.

"What's there to talk about Ricky! How you treated me like trash? How you were a jerk?!", I exclaim, throwing my hands in the air.

"Nin-"

"No Ricky! I don't even wanna talk to you!", I shout.

"Then don't talk to me. But please- I'm begging you just...listen to me please.", he says.

I roll my eyes as I cross my arms, "Talk fast. You have five minutes."

He nods his head before he begins to speak, "Nina- I want to apologize. Big time. I shouldn't have ever treated you like that because y-you're an amazing person and you don't deserve anything but the best. And...I- I feel awful about everything I did to you last Wednesday. I didn't even want to treat you like this...I was sorta...forced into it, and I went along with it so I didn't lose a person I thought cared about me."

I furrow my brows, "I- You were forced into it? You know how stupid that sounds! By who Ricky? Hm?!"

"Gina", he quietly says.

I let out an annoyed chuckle and throw the cleaning cloth on the counter. I bite my lip, refraining from the tears building up.

"I'm not surprised. Good thing I decided I'm kicking her from my life before she destroyed me like you did.", I scoff.

"Nina- please. I'm sor-"

"Ricky, sorry isn't gonna cut it!", I shout, getting angrier, "You expect me to let you back into my life after all you've done to me! Pretending to be my friend and then bullying me! Destroying my songwriting notebook that contained every song I've written since I was five! Ripping apart my mother's bracelet that she gave me when she got taken to the- forget it."

At this point, tears are streaming down my face as I sob. I couldn't even see Ricky anymore from the tears blurring my vision. I wipe my eyes with my apron as I stare at Ricky with disgust.

"Just please...leave me alone. You can come back when you prove to me, you'll never hurt me again. And you're lucky I'm even giving you that chance.", I scoff, walking into the back room.

I hear the bell on the diner door ring, meaning he's left. I take my apron off, throwing it on the table before clocking out. I wipe the stray tears still falling from my eyes as I grab my things and walk out of the diner, locking the door behind me. I notice Gina and Ricky sitting in his red jeep and I scoff as I hurry to mine. I get inside and speed off.

Ricky's pov

I walk out of the diner and get into my jeep, forgetting Gina was waiting.

"What took so long?", she asks, curiously.

I jump, "Good grief, I forgot you were in here."

She nervously chuckles, "Ricky...what took so long?"

I don't reply. Instead, I back out of the parking lot and begin to drive towards Gina's house. She continuously asks questions while were driving and I keep my mouth shut. As I pull into her driveway, she gives me an odd look.