33. messed up

hey thereeee!!! soo just an fyi- im starting school back tmr and it's mid term timeee...meaning im not sure how much time i'll have to write but i promise u i will do my best!!

Nina's pov

I move around in my bed, soon opening my eyes and being greeted by the shining sun. I rub my eyes, clearing my vision, and look around the room. I smile to myself, seeing all my things placed around. I reach my hand out, grabbing my phone from the side table. I check the time first, 8:30am, before unlocking my phone and checking what I missed while I was sleeping.

After a good thirty minutes of being on my phone, I finally pull myself out of my bed. I take the covers and gently pull them up, just to make my room look a little neater and more put together. I walk out of my room and head down the stairs. When I enter into the kitchen, I see Lynne.

"Oh, good morning! How'd you sleep?", Lynne asks, giving me a warm hug.

I nod my head, smiling, "Good"

"Um, do you want something to eat?", she asks me.

I shrug, "I'm okay right now, thank you."

"Okay, well...Mike is already at work, and I was just about to head out. Ricky's in the shower, he should be down any time now.", she smiles at me, grabbing her car keys.

"Okay, have a good day", I say as she walks through the door.

I'm left in the kitchen alone and I bite my lip, looking around. I wasn't sure what to do so I just walked into the living room and sat on the couch, continuing to go on my phone. After a couple minutes, I hear the stairs creak and I lift my head up to see Ricky coming down. His hair was still wet from the shower, he was in a t-shirt and sweats, he looked...hot. I hide my face a little, already knowing that my cheeks were blushing.

"Oh, hey! Morning", he smiles, plopping himself right next to me on the couch.

I look up at him, "Mornin"

"How'd you sleep last night?", he asks, turning the TV on.

I nod, "Good, thanks."

He nods his head back, "So, what do you wanna do today?"

I shrug, "I'm not sure...I can't see my mom today."

"What? Why not?", he asks, turning his head towards me.

"They said they're doing more tests and she'll be tired and foggy from meds.", I explain, Ricky nodding.

"We can always chill here", Ricky smiles, "You know, watch a few movies...eat food"

I chuckle, "Sounds good, I'm gonna go get ready...and I'll be back."

He nods his head as I get up off the couch and head up the stairs, into my bedroom. I head into the bathroom and put my hair up. I wash my face with cold water, patting it dry with a towel. Since we're just chilling around the house today, I didn't bother putting my contacts in or applying makeup. I braid my hair loosely before heading to my closet and picking out leggings and an oversized t-shirt. After I've finished, I grab my phone and walk back downstairs.

I notice Ricky looking at me as I walk downstairs. I give him a small smile as I wander into the kitchen. I grab a white glass bowl from the cabinet, and some Cinnamon Toast Crunch from the pantry. Then, I walk to the fridge and open it, scanning the area, unable to find the milk. My front was faced towards the fridge, and I felt a light hand on my waist on my right side, and a hand reaching from behind me into the fridge, grabbing a carton, on the left side.

"Here. I had my parents get you almond milk.", I hear him say. He knows me so well.

I take the carton and turn around, shyly smiling at him. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks as butterflies were flying around in my stomach. His hand it...it fit perfectly on my waist.