48. dove

its the last chapter omg- im so saaaad- i love this story- even tho its very depressing.

anyways enjoy this last...and final...chapter. :)

Ricky's pov

I open my eyes, squinting from the bright sun. I sigh, pulling the covers over my face.

Today was her funeral.

I miss her so much already. Life isn't the same without her in it. It's like a part of my life is gone.

I force myself to get off my bed. The funeral is at 6pm and we have to be at the spot around 5 to set up and make sure everything is good. So, I have some time to get ready and relax.

I make my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. I grab a banana and sit at the kitchen island, slowly eating it as I stare off into space.

"Hey honey...", my mom says entering the kitchen, "How're you holding up?"

I shrug, "Fine..."

She sighs as she begins to make her breakfast. Later on, my dad comes in, asking me the same thing, to which I reply the same thing. My mom and dad begin to conversate while I just sit in silence.

After I finished eating, I went back into my room to just chill before I have to get ready.

{5pm}

I turn the shower water on and take a quick shower before getting out and dressing in a formal black suit. I'm tying my tie in the mirror when I feel nerves kick in.

I feel a slight tear drop roll down my face. I quickly brush it away as my mom enters.

"Hey...you ready to go?", she asks.

I nod my head and we all head out of the house, into my dad's car. It took us about 15 minutes to arrive at the location. We decided on a spot that's close to the beach...since she loved going there to watch the sunsets. We get out of the car and see people setting up the chairs and whatnot.

{Some time later}

It's getting closer to 6pm now and everyone is beginning to arrive. There weren't that many people...just Nina's friends and their parents, Makenna flew back here to attend as well with her family, my parents and aunts and uncles, and me.

I'm standing alone by the podium as I watch people come up and greet everyone, giving their condolences.

"Hey..."

I turn around and see my friends walking up to me. I give them a sad smile as I walk towards them.

"How are you?", Seb asks.

I shrug, "I'm fine...how're you guys?"

Kourtney sighs, "Been better."

We all nod in agreement before we hear someone tapping on the microphone. Everyone finds their seat as a person stands at the microphone. A pianist begins to play a slow melody as everyone watches two people carry the beautiful white casket down the pathway, setting it right in front of the podium. 

"We're gathered here today...to honor the loss of Nina Salazar Roberts. She sadly passed at the Salt Lake City hospital, on Christmas Day, at 11:21pm. We give our deepest condolences to the Bowen family, Greene family, Hyde family, Smith family, and lastly, the Rodriguez family. Ms. Kourtney Greene, would you like to come up and give your speech?"

We all give her a comforting, encouraging smile as she stands up, walking to the podium.

"Hi um- I'm Kourtney...Nina's one of my best friends. I-I've known her since she was small...she means the world to me and to pass so young, breaks my heart. I know-", she pauses for moment, trying to hold back her tears, "I know that- she's...watching over all of us. She's- she's in a better place now. We love and miss you Nina..."