13. we're back

buckle up bestiesss this one's a bit messyy >:)

Nina's pov

{Tuesday}

I arrive at school and park my car in my spot before hopping out and walking up to the entrance with my friends.

"So...how's the project going?", Seb asks, hesitantly.

"It's literally not even going.", I sigh, entering the building.

"Sis use your big girl voice and put that jerk in his place to get the dang project finished.", Kourtney says, snapping her fingers in the air.

"He'd probably either ignore me, or challenge whatever I'm saying", I roll my eyes.

"Challenge him back. Girl did you see yourself yesterday? You carried that argument with him.", Carlos adds.

I take a deep breath, "I know, but I'm not trying to make the hatred between us even worse."

We stop at my locker as I exchange books and I can hear my friends whispering. As I finish getting my books, I turn to look at them and they immediately stop whispering.

"What're ya'll whispering about?", I ask, nervously laughing.

I watch as their eyes scan the area and I break eye contact with them and look at everybody. All their eyes were on me. This was definitely uncomfortable considering I'm known as the quiet girl. My eyes meet back at Kourtney, Carlos, and Seb's and I watch as their eyes grow wide. I furrow my brows and turn around to see Ricky making his way down the halls. I can already see people whipping their phones out. I groan as I quickly turn around and face my friends.

"Ughhh what's he doing here?", I groan.

"Uh not sure...maybe it's because he goes to school here?", Carlos sarcastically replies.

"Well can he just le-"

"Well, if it isn't the Nina Salazar Roberts.", I get interrupted.

I cross my arms and turn around, coming face to face with Ricky.

I fake gasp, "Oh my gosh! You actually got it right this time!"

He rolls his eyes at me, "So uh, whatcha got there?"

I look down in my hands and see that I'm holding my history notebook and songwriting notebook.

"Books?", I question.

"Nah...that one. What's that?", he asks, snatching my songwriting notebook from me.

"Hey! Give it back!", I exclaim.

He raises it high above his head so it's out of my reach. I let out an angry breath as I watch him open it and skim through the pages.

"I fell in love?", he mocks, "Oh who's the lucky guy Nina?"

I scoff, "Definitely not you. It's for the project you idiot."

"Oh, a project now?", he chuckles.

I roll my eyes, "Yeah. Although I'm assuming your little brain doesn't have a ton of capacity...so you probably already forgot about it."

I get so caught up in arguing with Ricky that I didn't even hear the bell ring. Nor did I hear the vice principal, Ms. Costanzo, calling out my name. Kourtney taps my shoulder, taking me out of my trance.

"Nina!", I hear the vice principal exclaim.

I glare at Ricky who's chuckling under his breath.