31. ups and downs

besties ive got a surprise. TWO CHAPTERS TONIGHT. BA BAM. SO NOW ONCE U FINISH THIS ONE U CAN CONTINUE ON AND IT DOESN'T SAY TO BE CONTINUED

(this is a message from me to anyone who's reading this after i've written it...there's a certain point where the nickname becomes "kid" and i'm well aware it is the most absurd and not working nickname and i apologize. imma fix it)

Nina's pov

I shuffle around in the bed, pulling the covers back over me. The sun was shining bright and right through the window. I hesitantly open my eyes, squinting until they become used to the light. I yawn and stretch my arms and legs out. After a couple seconds, my eyes shoot wide open, and I sit up straight.

Today's a busy day. And it'll most likely result in many tears and stress...but...everything will be fine. And I only say this because Ricky said he'd be with me throughout it all. Now, you're probably wondering why today's a busy day. First, I'm seeing my mom for the first time in a couple weeks. They were doing more tests and doctor things...so I wasn't allowed in. And second, which is gonna be the tearjerker, I have to move out of my childhood house.

I take a deep breath and swing my legs over the bed, my feet soon meeting the cold wood floor. I stretch once more before making my way towards the door. I walk out and down the stairs, seeing nobody. At the bottom of the stairs, I look left and right, still nobody.

"Oh hey, you're up", I hear a voice say from around the corner. Soon enough, that head of curls comes walking into the kitchen with that same bright smile of his.

"Hi", I smile, "Today's the day..."

He slowly nods, "Are you ready?"

I shake my head a little and sigh, "Kinda...I don't know. It's just gonna be stressful."

He rests his elbows on the kitchen counter in front of me, "It'll be okay though. Just...one step at a time, okay?"

I smile and nod at him before he turns around and opens the fridge, scanning the items.

"What do you want for breakfast?", he asks.

I shrug, "I'm not that hungry...I'll just have a coffee."

He turns back around to face me and gives me a stern look. In return, I give him a confused look. He walks around the kitchen island and to where I'm sitting. I turn the chair to look at him and he places his two hands on my shoulders.

He gently shakes me, "Ninaaaaaaaa, coffee isn't food. And you my friend, need to eat."

I giggle at him a little, trying to also hide the rosy, pink cheeks of mine. I look down at my lap and smile to myself. Once I calmed myself down, I look back up at him and let out a breath.

"Fine, if I must. But I still want my coffee", I jokingly say.

He begins walking towards the fridge again and he nods his head, "Yes ma'am."

I laugh at him again and while he grabs items from the fridge, I can't help but to stare at him. To admire him. He always finds a way to make me smile and laugh. I pull myself out of my trance and watch as his back faces me and he works on something on the counter.

"Whatcha making?", I ask, resting my elbows on the counter, and my hands supporting my head.

"I'm making you a...very fancy and delicious...yogurt and fruit parfait. And it comes with a coffee, of course.", he replies, getting eyes level with the food bowl, after pouring me a cup of freshly made coffee.

I giggle, "I'll be the judge of that"

Just then, he turns around, a white glass bowl in hand. He places it down in front of me, along with a spoon, and I look up at him.