45. emergency

HEY GUYS. sooo we're literally like 2-3 chapters from being done with this story and im mega sad. buuuut yeah- once again, if u need me i will be hiding in a secure location.

Ricky's pov

It's around 6am and I open my eyes, squinting at the sun coming through the window. I look down at Nina who's still fast asleep next to me. I carefully slide out from under her. I stretch and grab a water bottle from my bag, taking a quick sip. I stare back at Nina and my heart hurts. It's Christmas morning...and instead of having her wake up beside me in my bed, hearing Christmas music downstairs, and seeing all the excitement...she's going to wake up in a dull, quiet, hospital room.

I rummage through my bag, finding my phone and unlocking it, checking the notifications.

GC MESSAGES

I smile, nodding my head as we text back and forth, coming up with a plan. I quietly exit the room, looking around in the hallways, searching for Nurse Olivia. I turn a corner and almost run into her.

"I- sorry-", I chuckle.

She smiles, "It's okay. I was just coming to check on you guys, everything good?"

I nod, "I have an idea...since it's Christmas."

She looks intrigued as she nods her head, "What is it?"

Nina's pov

I hear movement in the room, and I hesitantly force my eyes open. Through my half-opened eyes, I could see some figures standing around. I blink my eyes a few times, clearing my vision. A smile slowly emerges onto my face when I see all my friends standing in front of me.

"Merry Christmas!", they cheer.

I let out a small laugh, "Merry Christmas- shouldn't you guys be with your families?"

Kourtney shrugs, "Those parties happen later. It's only 8am. So, we thought we'd come celebrate with you!"

I smile, feeling my heart warm up. Even though I was lying on a hospital bed, Christmas was already going good. My favorite people were here. I noticed they'd hung some light-up garland on the walls, which added a little Christmas spirit in here. I smile, seeing Ricky walk up to me.

"Merry Christmas", he whispers, leaning down and giving me a kiss on my lips.

I sweetly smile, "Merry Christmas"

"Okay- lovebirds...when you're finished. Nina! We have gifts!", Carlos says, making everyone chuckle.

Kourtney walks up and hands me a cute Christmas bag with snowflakes on it. I take the tissue paper out and pull out a box. I take the lid off and smile. It was a bunch of my favorite make-up products.

"Omg Kourt!", I smile, "I was needing some of these, thank you!"

She comes up and hugs me, "Of course."

"Our turn! This is from Carlos and I!", Seb exclaims.

I chuckle as Seb comes up to me. He hands me a small box and I begin to tear the paper off. I open the flaps and my heart melts. I hold up the sparkly, white, heart-shaped ornament, containing a picture of Ricky and I in the center.

"We thought you two could have a memory of your first Christmas together.", Carlos smiles.

"I- Thank you guys...it's beautiful. I love it.", I grin.

I give both of them hugs before everyone steps against the wall and Ricky comes towards me. He sits on my bed, facing me, with a sweet smile. He takes my hand in his, unraveling my fingers so my hand is flat, facing upwards. He reaches into his pocket and takes out a small box, setting it in the palm of my hand.