34. mom and dad

well hello there- its been quite some time. sorry abt how short this is- imma try to write a more interesting chapter tmr for yall- also i realized i labeled the last chapter at 34 but it's supposed to be 33- dont mind that imma fix it

Nina's pov

I open my eyes and they feel extremely dry. I turn over on my side, soon seeing a head of curls asleep next to me. I look around the room and realize I'm not in my own bed. And everything comes crashing down.

I miss her. A lot. I don't know how to live with knowing she isn't here anymore. My mother showed me so much love...even when she got sick. She was the best parent a little girl like me could ever ask for. I know she's watching over me...and I want to make her proud. I just, hope I can.

I smile to myself as I admire Ricky while he sleeps. There are no words to describe how...incredible...he was to me yesterday. I vaguely remember anything from yesterday. The only clear memory being getting that phone call and dropping to the floor. But I remember the feeling of being held tightly in his arms as he stroked my hair. I never wanted it to end. I want to be able to feel that...all the time.

I slightly lift my head from the bed and look at the clock. It was only 7am. I still felt exhausted and drained. I cuddled up close to Ricky. His front was facing me, and I faced my front towards him, burying my head into his chest. I soon felt his arms wrap around me and manage to pull me closer. I let out a happy sigh and closed my eyes, heading back to sleep.

Ricky's pov

I wake up to the sun shining straight through my window. I noticed it was going straight onto Nina's face, so I quickly moved her closer to me so I could block the sunlight. I smile to myself as I run my fingers gently through her hair. Eventually, she began to move a little and her eyes flutter open, meeting my gaze.

"Morning beau- Neens...", I smile.

She rolls out of my embrace and stretches her arms and legs out. She yawns and pulls the comforter up more, snuggling up with it and cuddling close to me again.

"How're you doing?", I cautiously ask quietly, moving hair out of her face.

She manages to get closer to me and she sighs, closing her eyes, "Great right now"

I softly laugh at her as she closes her eyes. Even though it was becoming late in the morning, I let her stay there. I mean- I figured the poor girl needed to relax and just...breath for a moment. As she relaxed there in my arms, I kept replaying the conversation I had with Kourt, Los, and Seb last night.

Do I take my chances and just...make a move?

Do I slowly hint at it?

Do I just ask her to be my girlfriend and get straight to the point?

I let out a deep sigh, not meaning for it to be as loud as it was. I noticed her open her eyes and she looked up at me.

"You okay?", she asks.

I nod, "I'm good, I promise."

"You sure?", she says.

"100 percent.", I say, patting her head, "I think I'm going to get ready and go get us breakfast."

"From Starbucks?!", she exclaims.

I chuckle, "If that's what you'd like"

She looks down shyly and seemed embarrassed a little. Before I get up, I bring her into a quick, tight hug. She smiles at me as I roll off the bed and head into my bathroom to get ready.