38. plan it

HEYO- TWO CHAPTAS!!! i gotta apologize because this chapter is kinda trashy...and a filler...so please bare with me. but the next chapter is gonna b interestingggg

Ricky's pov

It's 6am and I haven't shut my eyes once. I've just been sitting by Nina's side the whole night. She hasn't woken up yet, but I won't take my chances of shutting my eyes and having her wake up. I wanna be there for her.

I'm sitting on the sofa chair, scrolling on my phone when I hear shuffling. I quickly shut my phone off and shove it in my pocket when I see Nina moving around.

"Ricky?", she whispers.

"Hey Neens...", I say.

"W-what happened?", she asks.

I gently take her hand in mine, "Neens...you overdosed on your anti-depressants."

I see a small tear fall down her face, "I'm sorry..."

I quickly wipe the tear away and look into her eyes.

"Don't be sorry...I'm just glad you're okay.", I whisper.

"When we can we go home?", she asks me.

I sadly smile at her, "I don't know Neens. They're still monitoring you. Let me go get a nurse."

She nods at me as I make my way out the room and down the halls, searching for a nurse. I felt relieved that she was finally awake. It was nice to hear her voice again.

Nina's pov

My head is pounding, and I feel nauseous. I don't remember what happened...my memory is foggy. All I remember is feeling light-headed and passing out.

I hear the hospital room door open, and I see Ricky walk inside. My lips curve up into a happy smile as he walks over to the bed.

"They're gonna check the monitors and see how you're doing.", he tells me.

I sigh, "Okay..."

"You okay?"

I shrug, "I will be..."

My head turns to the door when I hear it creak open. A woman in a white coat walks through the door with a clipboard in hand. She walks up to me and smiles.

"How are you feeling?", she asks.

I slightly nod, "Fine, but my head hurts...and I feel nauseous." 

She writes it down on her clipboard, "That's normal so don't be alarmed. Um...do you know what day it is?"

I bite my lip trying to think, "Uh- Sunday?"

She nods her head, "Yup! Okay, so the monitors show that everything is functioning properly. You'll be able to leave around 10. Your boyfriend over here will just have to sign some papers."

"Oh uh- I- I'm just a friend...", Ricky says, slightly chuckling under his breath. I quietly giggle as I see his cheeks turn a slight shade of red.

"Sorry- I'll go get the paperwork", the woman chuckles, walking out of the room.

The door shuts and I let out a small laugh.

"What?", Ricky says, sitting on the sofa next to me.

"You", I chuckle.

"What about me?"

"You look embarrassed.", I say.

He sighs, "I wouldn't be embarrassed if you were my girlfriend."

He talked so low I couldn't hear him. I furrow my brows.

"What?", I ask.

He shakes his head, "Nothing..."

Ricky's pov

The nurse came back in the room a couple moments later and handed me paperwork. She explained what everything was, and I had to sign in a couple spots.

"Alright. I'll come back at 10 to sign her out.", she says to me.

I nod my head and she exits the room. I take my seat back in the sofa chair by Nina's bed and smile at her.

"Do you have water?", she asks me.

I nod my head as I pick up my bag. I unzip it and pull a water bottle out. I unscrew the cap and hand the bottle to her.

"Thanks", she smiles as she begins to sip on the water.

"How're you feeling?", I ask her.

She shrugs, "I'm fine I guess..."

Nina's pov

A few hours later, the woman came back in the room and Ricky signed one last paper before we were able to go. Ricky helped me up and we walked through the hallway and out the exit doors. He helped me into his car before he got into the drivers seat.

"Need anything before we go home?", he asks.

I shake my head, "I think I'm okay."

He nods and begins pulling out of the parking lot. The car ride was filled with a comfortable silence. I felt really tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

After about ten minutes, we pull into his driveway. He gets out and walks over to my side, opening the door. He helps me out and we walk inside the quiet house. He helps me up the stairs and we enter my bedroom. Everything comes crashing down when I enter my room. I begin to remember everything that happened, one by one. It makes my heart sink.

I carefully lie down on my bed as Ricky shuts the blinds and turns the lights off.

"Ricky, can you stay?", I ask, boldly.

He nods, "Yeah of course."

He walks over to the other side of the bed and takes a seat. I lie down in the darkness of my room and stare at the ceiling. Thoughts begin to circle my mind and I feel a lump form in my throat.

"I'm sorry...Ricky I-"

"For what?"

I sigh, "All the problems I cause..."

"Neens...you don't cause problems. Don't be sorry, okay?"

I smile to myself, "Okay..."

I scoot myself closer to him and I feel his warm arm wrap around me. I smile to myself as I shut my eyes and drift into sleep.

Ricky's pov

It's around 12pm and Nina is still asleep. Poor girl was exhausted. I carefully slip out from under her and quietly exit the bedroom. I walk into my room and shut the door before facetiming all my friends.

"Ricky?! How is she?", Kourtney asks.

I nod my head, "She's fine. We're back home now...she's sleeping."

Everyone lets out a breath of relief.

"So, are you finally gonna ask her?", Carlos asks.

I furrow my brows at them.

"Dude- you've gotta keep up.", Carlos whines, "Are you gonna ask her to be your girlfriend?!"

I clear my throat, "I- uh I uh..."

"Ricky you better start forming a y-e-s in that stumble of words because-", Seb begins saying before Kourtney interrupts.

"Because the girl you love just tried to take her own life and she needs love Ricky. You know she loves you back...what's holding you from doing it?", Kourtney asks.

I shrug, "I just want to make sure I can be the best boyfriend for her..."

"Ricky you will- I promise. I guarantee she'll get better if she has a happy, healthy relationship with you. She needs you Ricky...", Kourtney says.

I nod my head, "Will you help me plan it?"