4. nothing in common

{Monday}

Nina's pov

Why'd the weekend go so quickly? I'm not ready to go back to school...more importantly...to have to work alongside this idiot named Ricky Bowen. I mean...who in their right mind would pair, 'cool and popular Ricky Bowen' with 'shy and quiet' Nina Roberts? Oh yeah, I'll tell you who. Mr. Mozzarella.

I walk through the doors of the school and head down to my locker to see my friends arriving there as well.

"Morning!", they greet, chipper.

"Morning", I reply, nonchalantly.

"What's up with you?", Carlos asks me, giving me a weird look.

"Nothing, just dreading first period.", I say, grabbing books from my locker.

"Why? I thought you loved that class?", Kourtney mentions.

"I did...until Mazzara paired me with Ricky.", I sarcastically smile, slamming my locker shut.

"Ooh...that sucks. I mean...who knows? Maybe ya'll will become friends?", Seb shrugs.

He always looks on the bright side. Ugh...Seb give me your energy please.

I raise my brows at him, "I can assure you that will not be the case."

The bell rings and I groan as I separate from my friends and walk through the door of my first period

The bell rings and I groan as I separate from my friends and walk through the door of my first period. Everybody wasn't in their assigned seats, which made me super confused. Eventually, I realized we had to sit with our partners. I stumble over to the seat in the back of the classroom, next to Ricky, and slouch down. I didn't say a word to him, but I could feel his eyes on me, so I finally turned towards him.

"You wanna work after school too?", I ask.

He shrugs, "Guess so. Whatever works for miss prissy princess."

"Excuse me?", I scoff.

He chuckles under his breath which makes my blood boil. There is no way...we'll ever be friends. And there is no way this project will go well.

Ricky's pov

Nina walks into the room, and I slightly roll my eyes. I've been dreading this so much. She's probably gonna be so proper and must have this project be perfect and up to her expectations. She's literally gonna drive me insane. Every time she walks into a room, I tense up and am immediately annoyed. Which I wouldn't be surprised if she felt the same way considering she didn't say a word to me.

"Whose house are we going to?", I ask.

"Can we go to yours?"

"Guess so", I shrug.

"Can I get your number so we can talk about it?", she asks.

We exchange numbers and I tell her my address. Tonight, should be interesting.