Value -Oikawa

You hated growing up. You hated the way kids treated you, you hated the way your brother valued his work. How he valued his life, looking down at the casket, you hated how people were so fake. Most of the people didn't even know him. So why are they here? You hated growing up. You hated every time you put on a fake smile to your friends, you hated the fake laugh that came out, you hated the way you pretended to be okay every single day. You hated you. You hated you who became. You hated that every time you were alone, your parents ignored you. It should've been you, you never valued your life, your brother did. He wanted to grow up. He wanted to be a famous cook and become one of the best chefs on the block. And he was so close. So close to getting his dream. You hated your life. You hated that now the shop he worked at, improved, brand new. As if nothing happened. As if it didn't kill your brother.

Oikawa was the first person to notice the fake smile, the fake life, the fake everything. He knows it all too well. Especially when he's the same way. He'd notice how you'd stare at the café across the school as if you were trying to burn it down all over again. He saw you really smile before, you were walking with a guy laughing at what he said, he assumed it was your older brother by the way you acted around him. After two weeks, he saw you walk alone, staring at the building first. He'd notice how your smile falls when your friends aren't paying attention. How your laugh screams the word fake. How you look like you just want to give up. To stop fighting. He hated that look on you. Oikawa and you went to every school together since you were kids, always been in the same classes. He saw how you were always bright, and annoying. But now, he'd wish you'd go back to being that little girl.

Therapy, your parents signed you up for it. Two weeks after that, you began to stop going, hating the fact that someone was telling you how to feel. Your parents don't know this, if they did, they'd start going with you, trying to help. And before they knew it, the fake smile and the fake laughs began to start happening at home too.

Oikawa hated the way your friends didn't notice how you felt. He doesn't really know you and he noticed. "You keep staring at her, she'll notice." He looked at his best friend, Iwaizumi.

"What?"

"Your staring, that's Y/n L/n, right? She's in our class, hm?"

"Y-Yeah." Oikawa felt embarrassed that he was caught.

"Do you like her?" His eyes grew, does he? He knows everything about you is fake, he doesn't know what your real smile looks like, what your real laugh sounds like. But he does. When you were kids, you use to annoy him, always smiling and laughing. He misses that girl. Does he like you? He doesn't even know. "Oikawa?" Iwaizumi looked at his friend as if he was troubling over his thoughts, he knows Oikawa sometimes puts up walls when it comes to feelings.

"I don't know... Iwaizumi... I don't." He watched his friend leave with wide eyes, then he looked at the girl. He had never seen Oikawa so puzzled unless it was about volleyball. He had never seen him puzzled over a girl. He never heard his full name leave his mouth, and he'd never admit but he winced at it. He knows somethings wrong, he wants to help. But for the first time since he's known Oikawa, he doesn't know-how.

"Y/n, right?" You looked at the boy in front of you confused.

"That's me, Iwaizumi, right?"

"Yeah, uh, have you seen Oikawa?" He knows you probably haven't, but he can't find him since their conversation at lunch.

"No, I can't say I have, everything okay?" Iwaizumi sighed.

"I-I don't know. I... I really don't know." Iwaizumi felt bad, any other day he'd know what to do. "He didn't show up to practice and... I can't find him anywhere I looked for his fangirls, they haven't seen him, and then I looked anywhere else. He's just... not here." You looked at Iwaizumi confused, you've known Oikawa all your life pretty much. You use to have a crush on him, two weeks before the fire, your brother called you out for it. You were also the first, first to know Oikawa was faking his smiles and laughs. Especially towards people who looked up to him. You never knew why, but he did. There was a time you wanted to see him smile and laugh, really smile and laugh. Also smiling and laughing yourself, hoping something in him would pop. Once, your brother died, you understood why.