Never- Kentaro

You weren't one to let people see you be weak. You hate it when you cry. You were a manager for Aboa Johsai, you always had a bright smile on your face, always. There wasn't a day you didn't, even if you were having a bad day. When Kentaro first met you, he disliked your smile. Because that's all everyone saw. He wanted to see you get angry, to see if you could. So he'd always tease you about your boyfriend, making fun of him, but of course, you'd laugh it off. It irritated him more, but on the inside, you were sad. You wanted to cry all day if you could. Kentaro's words about your boyfriend weren't helping, yeah what he'd say about B/n, was right. B/n was a terrible boyfriend, but he's the only guy who noticed you. The only guy who seemed to show interest. Kentaro observed you from afar, and there was a day when he noticed... you stopped smiling. Completely. Kentaro then realized... he missed the smiling girl. He'd want to approach you, but he didn't know-how. He noticed how salty you got with everyone. How you're tone went from the cheery one they grew to love, to the ice-cold one they now hate. Kentaro sighed as he laid on his couch. "What's on your mind?" He looked over at his mom.

"There's this girl..."

"A girl?! What's her name?"

"Her name is Y/n. She use to be this cheery girl... but then she stopped." His mom looked at Kentaro confused. Her son has never been puzzled over something, especially a girl.

"I, uh, have you tried talking to her?"

"She always replies with a cold tone. So I stopped..."

"Have you tried writing her a joke? Your father use to write jokes when I'm upset. That was before he left us." Kentaro thought for a second, you use to laugh at Oikawa's ridiculously, not funny jokes.

"Yeah, maybe I'll do that." The next day when you opened your locker you saw a note fall out, you were about to throw it away thinking it was a hate note until you looked down at it.

What is coming but never arrives? I heard you like riddles, just write the reply and text this number the answer.... xxx-xxx-xxxx

You didn't recognize the number, but you did anyway, you had a small smile on your face, Kentaro looked at you from down the hall, is the smile a good thing? He looked down at his phone as it buzzed.

It's tomorrow. Look, I don't know who you are, or why you're doing this. But you should stop before you regret it.

He was confused by your text. He looked back up at you seeing the smile gone. He sighed, but he didn't give up. He continued this for weeks.

What gets wetter the more it dries?

A towel. So you ignored my warning I see.

-a couple days later-

yeah, I did. What can be broken but never held?

....
a promise
....

Kentaro felt as if he made a mistake, he looked at you and saw how sad you were.

What word is spelled in every single dictionary?

Incorrectly. Having fun?

For the first time, since this started, Kentaro smiled down at his phone, Yeah, I get to see you smile after you read them. You looked around not seeing anyone on their phones, Kentaro was smart and hid on the stairs where you couldn't see him.

Who is this?

I want to tell you, but you might hate me after.

How? I... this isn't B/n is it?