jealousy - Nishinoya

You've always had a soft spot for Nishinoya Yuu, ever since he stood up to some guy asking for your number. You realized soon, Kiyoko had his heart. And before you knew it, he had yours. A few days after your encounter Kiyoko was looking for managers when she found you and Yachi. When you met her, you couldn't believe someone as beautiful as her was talking to someone like you. Given that you're a 2nd year she wasn't bothered. She wanted what was best from the team after she graduates. And you understood that since you use to play in middle school. When you and Yachi showed up to introduce yourselves you were surprised to see Nishinoya there. "Oh, Y/n!" He knew your name.

"H-Hi." But you knew caught his.

"Nishinoya, you know her?" Daichi had asked the boy.

"Yeah, I saved her from some scary third years." Since then you wanted to get to know the boy. And over time, you did know him. You liked him. And he had your heart, but it was obvious Kiyoko had his. You couldn't help compare yourself to her. You think others do to, you begin to look down on yourself. You were sitting in your room as random people commented on Kiyoko's photo of the group. We got into Nationals finally, you were so happy for the boys. You stopped on someone's comment.

Wow, Kiyoko is such a beauty, who's the rug next to her and number 4?

Rug? Is that how people saw you? You know it wasn't beauty you lacked, deep down you knew that. You threw your phone onto your bed as you stared at yourself in the mirror. You long hair messy and everywhere. Your hair is naturally poufy, you bit your lip and grabbed your scissors.

--

"Wow, Y/n! You look beautiful!" Yachi exclaimed excitedly as you entered the gym, everyone turned to you with wide eyes.

"You look different." You held your breath as they approached you.

"I like the new look, Y/n. It brings out your eyes." You smiled as Kiyoko patted your shoulder.

"It totally does, you look beautiful!" Nishinoya jumped in front of your messing with your hair. Your eyes widen and a blush creeped onto your face as his words processed into your head. Beautiful, a word you only heard him call Kiyoko.

"I... thank you, Nishi." You pulled a cute smile as your tilted your head, this small action caused Nishinoya's heart to flutter. He froze as you smiled and a smile formed onto his face as well. He never knew someone could be this beautiful.

"Hey! We all established Y/n looks great, but we have to practice." The boys all agreed and began to practice again. You sat there happily watching them practice. A couple girls came over and watched when one of them landed their eyes on you. They began to giggle and talk among themselves. This wasn't the first time, many people look at you and whisper when you stood next to Kiyoko. You looked down as you heard little whispers about you.

"God, who does she think she's fooling?"

"Her hair looks like it went through a hurricane."

"She looks like a garbage can next to Kiyoko."

"I see her walking around with Nishinoya, she is no Kiyoko. Just look at her." You stood up from your seat and walked out the gym, Nishinoya stopped playing as he watched you fast walk. The ball hitting his head snapped him out of it.

"I'm sorry!" Asahi panicked.

"I'll be back!" Nishinoya ran out the gym, everyone stopped playing and watched their libero. "Y/n!" You began to run a little faster and immediately turned into the woman's restroom. "Y/n, please come out."

"Nishinoya!" Yachi and Kiyoko walked up to him as he stood beside the bathroom door. "What's going on?"

"I don't know, it's no like I can go in and ask."

"I think she needs you. Go, we got you covered." Nishinoya smiled and ran into the restroom as Yachi and Kiyoko covered the door.

"Y/n?"

"Go away, Yuu."

"Not until you tell me what's wrong."

"Why do you assume something's wrong?"

"Y/n... your voice is off. You tell me everything, come on why can't you tell me this too?"

"Because... I'm not Kiyoko..."

"What does that mean?"

"It means, I'm tired of everyone comparing me to her. I'm tired of the comments, I'm just tired, Nishi."

"Comparing? Comments? Whatever people say it's not true. There's no need to be.... jealous."

"She has your heart, Nishi... and as much as I tried to ignore it, you have mine..." You wiped your tears as you brought your knees up to your chest. Nishinoya couldn't help but smile, he slid down the stall and pressed his back against it.

"I never tried to ignore the fact that it's you who has my heart. Sure, I use to like Kiyoko. But after that day I saved you, I asked around about you. And then you became our manager. You began to watch my every move. I want to do better because I know you'll be there. I do better because you are there cheering me on. You have my heart, Y/n. You had it since the moment I saved you."

"Yuu..." You stood up and unlocked the door making Nishinoya fall into the stall, a giggle passed your lips as you watched him smile.

"Hi."

"Hi." You helped him up and smiled.

"So... Y/n. Will you do me the pleasure and going out with me?"

"I'd love to." You both walked out the bathroom holding hands.

"Hey, Y/n, I'm sorry for what people were saying and..."

"No, don't be. I should've talked to you. I shouldn't of let it get to me."

"Friends?"

"Of course." You smiled before hugging Kiyoko.